Recurring "NOT_RESPONDING" or "FAILED" on C-7

Bryan did say above, so maybe your devices aren't "normal" (not that there's anything wrong with that!). :wink:

1 Like

This is so very very true...

1 Like

I can confirm this is true. Once plugged in( after pairing on battery) they start repeating and then cause the network to become unresponsive. Unplugging them at that time fixes the issues.

Is there any way the Hubitat can tell devices not to use them as repeaters?

1 Like

No I think that it is in the firmware sadly...

I have a C7 with firmware 2.2.3.148, and I'm getting "NOT_RESPONDING" and "FAILED" (after a refresh) for two of my Homeseer HS-WD100+ z-wave plus devices. I've had them for three years on SmartThings without issue. They are obviously line powered.

Ideas on how to get them working? They do NOT respond to HE commands, but do work fine if I'm physically at the switch pushing the paddles.

I am having the same issue, have to shutdown, unplug, wait, restart, z-wave repair before they come back.

do you have ghost nodes in the zwave details.. ie no in: or out: info

1 Like

yes quite a few but don't know how to get rid of them

that is your issue. those cause problems try shutdown the hub cleanly from interface.unplug wait 30 secs. power up and try to refresh and use the remove button on them immediately after power up.

if the devcies are still active unplug them first.

if this doesnt work there is a thread regarding using a zwave stick joined to the hub to force a fail and then remove the ghost devices.

1 Like

does this mean it is working on removing?

No, that means the system/queue/radio is borked.

Shut down (not restart), pull the power plug for 30s, restart, try again.

2 Likes

yep done that, still showing busy
will try again

Often pulling the power for 30s is enough to get the radio side restarted. That said, with as many bad nodes as you have it probably goes right back to borked pretty quick after it reboots... :confused:

Probably only a small window after reboot where it is healthy enough to do a remove node operation.

ok so tried again and the repair is not showing anything in the hub logs, no busy or anything.

What can I do? is there a rebuild, start again option?

So now as soon as I resart the hub after a 30 sec unplug as soon as I get the logs up it reports as busy.....

Hi all,
I'm having a similar issue particularly with one type of z-wave contact sensor, the Ecolink Z-wave plus door/window contact sensor (DWZWAVE2.5-ECO). 2 of the 3 are working ok, but one is reporting "FAILED" in the z-wave details page, but the device still reports open/close events properly (and shows its connected hopping thru one of my GE zwave plus switches with reasonable kbps). All of these devices worked perfectly fine with my Smartthings v2 Hub, so I'm also disappointed in the range of the Hubitat C-7 so far. When I had to do an exclude to readd them I even had to bring the devices into the same room as the hubitat (compared to being able to do the exclude in place with the smartthings hub, quite strange indeed)

Do we think there is a known issue with this C-7 hub? Perhaps an issue with this specific ecolink device? Or do you think I may have a defective hub itself?

Yes. No. No.

It happens with battery devices, that don’t respond until they have something to say. Just ignore it for now, as long as the device is working. It will return to β€œOK” when the device responds. Hopeful it will get fixed with 2.2.4, which is promised to have many C-7 Z-Wave fixes.

1 Like

Welcome to the club.......
If it's working then I wouldn't worry about it. Battery devices sometimes get marked as 'Failed' as they go to sleep to save battery usage.

Also the next release, 2.2.4, apparently has a lot of fixes for the z-wave stack so I would expect things to improve greatly with the next release.
We are all waiting with fingers :crossed_fingers: on the next release.

@672southmain beat me to it. :wink:

1 Like

Is there an estimated timeline for 2.2.4?

I setup my new Hubitat last week and it is still largely unusable due to z-wave mesh instability. I have wired devices 20 feet away from the hub that will not pair no matter length of troubleshooting I go through. Support responded this AM saying we were all eager for the update then promptly closed out my request....

Not that I'm aware of.
Maybe a thanksgiving present??????????