Recommended ducted air conditioner for new house

Hi All
I am in the process of building (Australia based) and whilst the oportunity exists, looking for which ducted air conditioning system has the most reliable and simplist to setup integration with Hubitat.
Leaning towards Daikin with their WiFi Module but that is purely based on the discussions I've managed to find so far.
Any recommendations?
Cheers.

Take a look at Samsung VRF system that integrates to Smartthings app (no hub required) using the MIM-H04 WiFi kit.
You can then control it using Hubconnect app in Hubitat.
I am using it myself

I'm in the USA so I don't know the equipment there. When I put in the A/C it was:

1. First and foremost = reliability
  2. EER and Cost

My central air is controlled by a Honeywell thermostat which works well with Hubitat.

If I get my act together I will finish my driver for Mitsubishi electric a/c, they have a wifi module and an api I have been using, but the aus/nz version I did isn't quite finished, been trying to finish a US version at the moment.

IMO Daikin is a good system, and the Ben Dews/@eriktack Split system driver apparently works with a tweak of the URL path (disclaimer: i read that in a post, haven't tested it myself).
I'm looking to test it at a guinea pig client site over the next couple of months though, whether that suits your timeframes is another question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a mill guys, keep them coming. Iā€™m looking into all the recommendations and will let you know where it lands haha. @sanewton72 thanks, yeah would be great and could suit timeframes well. We still in design stage and builder is proposing solutions but Iā€™m sure that can be changed along the way. The build will be over the next 8 months, only just received council approvals.

1 Like