Recommendations on a Smart door lock

I need your guys's recommendations on a good used Smart Lock I need two of them for my father-in-law's house that works off of Wi-Fi Bluetooth or Z-Wave or zigbee.

I'm pretty happy with the current line of Schlage BE469zp's... Been very reliable

1 Like

I have a Schlage Camelot BE469 Lock (Z-Wave) on my front door for the last 8 years or so and it has been working well. I also have a Yale YRD256 Zigbee Lock on my back door that I really like but I haven't used it as much as the Schlage lock. Both locks will work with the Lock Manager app which makes it easy to create user codes for entry.

What does “used” mean in this context? Do you mean a lock that has worked well? Or a lock that has been used previously and is available for resale on something like eBay?

I have Yale Assure touchpad zigbee locks that have been flawless for the past three years.

1 Like

I have been very happy with my Kwikset 914. It comes in Zigbee and Z-Wave flavors. Takes 4 AA batteries.
Lots of new, open box, and used on eBay

(Kwikset SmartCode 914 Traditional Electronic Deadbolt With Z-Wave Technology | eBay)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256063782425?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NPBQO9TjTsm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=m7sFJo7OQke&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295578470613?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=F5wPxJcjRv6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=m7sFJo7OQke&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 Like

Right now I'm leaning towards Wi-Fi so that we don't have to set up a Smart hub at my father-in-law's. Just trying to monitor who comes in and when. I also would like to go second hand or refurbished to reduce the cost if possible. I know products are not cheap this day and age I would like to save a few bucks were possible. I'm also trying to set up some home security over here at my father-in-law's because his nephew threatened to slash every male throat in the house even though we got a VPO on him. He claims that somebody was sleeping with his girlfriend and if you found out who he was going to slash their throat. So this is why I am very adamant about securing the property also your recommendations would help again I'd like everything to work off Wi-Fi if possible so we don't have to buy a hub like SmartThings or hubitat or something else? Thank you so much for your help and understanding in this matter PS we are running T-Mobile internet so I do believe unless he breaks into the house the internet connection is stable correct? The guy ain't smart enough to use a cell phone jammer by the way.

For threats like this I wouldn’t skimp on protection cost.

3 Likes

I don't have any Wi-Fi locks unless you consider locketon. But I also have some fosco cameras somewhere in storage. But running ethernet cable is opinion in the ■■■ over at my father-in-law's unless I run everything in the attic including the Wi-Fi router. Anybody else have any other suggestions. I would also have to buy camera mounts ran out of them use them for another set of cameras though. Plus I don't have power over ethernet. Would you guys also recommend window and door sensors on every outside window and door since the windows don't open in this house except a couple?

Does anybody have a recommendation for a Wi-Fi lock?

Yale Assure Lock has some pretty positive reviews from community members. It can be purchased with wifi, Zigbee, or zwave and has a variety of options with keypad, Touchscreen, key or keyless. You can even change it later between wifi, zigbee, and zwave if you want just by purchasing the communication module.

I also think it takes 4 AA batteries.

Maybe something to look at.

Does anybody know about the defunct locketon locks I think Chamberlain bought them or yell there was a company that bought now owned by myq. I also have the second model locketon lock somewhere in storage that could be used in this project at my father-in-law's house.

I had it working with smart things most hoping I could integrate it into hubitat for testing purposes. Somewhere on the internet is the groovy code for lockatron and locketron bolt for smart things

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.