Recommendations for a wall mounted tablet

Something like this? Front Panel Express Your Expert for Front Panels and Enclosures

I'm going to get a panel from them for another project, but the tablet is going on the wall next to our alarm panel which is white (and about the size of a fire 7), so a white plastic mount will blend in nicely.

I don't have any experience with onn tablets, but that's the direction I would go as well in your shoes. It should work without any issues and without rooting, and if you find that that it doesn't... then return it and try a different one :slight_smile:

You could always just make a wooden frame. I made mine with some oak trim I had laying around. Nice thing about this, is you make it custom to whatever tablet you have or can find. I would definitely make sure that the tablet will run Fully Kiosk Browser, can't beat it for displaying dashboards and automating your dashboard. (When my doorbell is rung, HE sends a command to Fully to turn the tablet on and display my camera feeds).

If you don't want to have it in a fixed position on the wall you can try this...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082S9Z1S9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Having an adjustable arm helped with me being tall and my wife a bit shorter (there've many 'discussions' about how high to hang pictures, etc :slight_smile: ). Also, it can be easily moved from the wall to a self-standing unit. My wife will sometimes grab it and use the regular browser to bring up recipes, etc while on the kitchen island.
I also grabbed a 90° USB-C adaptor to keep the cable lower profile.

Yes exactly, laser cut metal with rounded corners. Fix tablet behind and stud the whole thing slightly off the wall. Tuck the power supply etc behind, recessed into the wall. I think this looks much nicer than a clunky plastic or wooden frame. I've decided to fit these around the house rather than light switches (yeah, I know some people think this is nuts but I really don't want the added complexity of switches in my rules). I'm designing a set of dashboards, each room is slightly different depending on what need to be controlled.

Here is just an example running on an 8" Teclast tablet, which I'm going to mount portrait style (no nice front panel yet)...

1 Like

It seems that all the dashboards being recommended are color tablets that user power.

Has anyone successfully used an e-ink device?

Or even some sort of mechanical airport style flappy display, or other cool type of status device that can indicate multiple simple statuses ?

1 Like

I upgraded my tablets (wanted bigger ones) so I have seven Fire 8 HD (Gen 7) tablets with wall-mount frames and recessed USB cables for sale. Details at Set of 7 Amazon Fire HD 8 (7th Generation) 16GB Tablets with wall-mount kits | eBay.