Recommendation for Z-Wave Temperature Sensor

Hi I looking for a Recommendation for Z-Wave Temperature Sensor, I want to remove all the Aquara/Xiaomi, a total of 10 in my house.

I have Fibaro and Dome motion sensors, which also provide temperature. They're accurate and responsive.

1 Like

I have several of the PAT02-B, which are dedicated temperature and humidity sensors. They are configurable and very accurate.

1 Like

I don't know why, but on-line the Fibaro looks kinda creepy. :slight_smile:

How has your experience been with these two?

2 Likes

The Dome was cheaper and works just as well.

Oops - it turns out that all three of the z-wave motion/temperature sensors that I was comparing are Fibaros!

I use the Dome for only motion and lux (both of which it does very well).

I would like to recommend Tuya temp/humidity sensors.
Same form factor as Aqara, about as inexpensive. Uses Zigbee 3.0. Completely compatible with native Hubitat drivers.
Tuya Smart ZigBee Wireless Control Temperature And Humidity Sensor Smart Home High Accuracy T&H Sensor For Alexa Google Home|Building Automation| - AliExpress

1 Like

Do you mean the “eye of Sauron” thing they’ve got going on?

I don’t have any, but I have been told they don’t look like this in real life. If that’s true, I can’t even begin to understand why anyone would make them look that way in all the marketing materials. Creepy indeed!

1 Like

They absolutely do not look like this in real life. I have three of them. I've actually turned off the backlighting. One of these days, I'll take some pics.

2 Likes

Hi are you sure this is ZigBee 3.0?

All of the Tuya stuff is Zigbee 3.0.
Look for it in the description.

1 Like

Well, once you put it that way I felt compelled to buy a couple of 'em. :laughing:

1 Like