Recieved a Wyze Lock, pairs but not working

I was hopeful when I saw it transmit things on the 0xFC00 (manufacturer-specific) cluster for physical lock and unlock events, since as far as I can tell it doesn't report anything on the "standard" ones (but does respond to them). Unfortunately, all I see is something like this on unlocks:

and locks:

... so, while there could be something hidden in the response map's data list, the most apparent thing is just "Wyze Lock."

They are not trying to make this easy, that's for sure. :slight_smile:

Apparently, they want to lock it to their gateway. (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).

2 Likes

@aaiyar I like the August lock also but this one was cheaper and I thought that eventually we might be able to get it connected to Hubitat but maybe not. Thanks

1 Like

And the winner, for Dad Joke of the Day goes to .....

2 Likes

Punny :rofl:

1 Like

Has there been any developments on this front? I have been in the market to replace my August Pro Z-Wave since I have had nothing but bad experiences and this Wyze Lock seems great especially for the price. Also been looking at Kwikset Smartcode 914 and the Yale YRD226 and YRD256 if anyone has any suggestions.

I see they also have a decent-looking keypad that might be an option as well.

@cjkeenan I just change my Wyze lock to the Kwikset Zigbee 914 lock and it works very well with hubitat. My Wyse lock failed and I didn't buy another because I believe that it should have last longer than a year or two. I like the Kwikset Zigbee and had no problem with the installation and inclusion into hubitat and been working flawless for me, so I would recommend the Kwikset 914.

2 Likes