Recently gone blind: is it possible to go back to old UI

I have recently suddenly gone blind. Now I notice that the new UI for adding actions in rulle Manger 5. that the windows narrator stumbles over the table layout. My question is: is it possible that the old UI can be made available via a link or something so that I can use it more independently.

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Not sure if what youā€™re asking for is possible directly, unless you still have rules that pre-date the UI change. In that case, you can clone older rules and then use the clone to make another rule.

But if Iā€™m understanding you correctly and your screen reader is having issues with Rule Machine, maybe @bravenel can help.

3 Likes

Have you tried this with JAWS? Our testing was done with JAWS, and our testers reported it worked well in the new UI.

1 Like

I am totally blind. I use NVDA as my screen reader. I have noticed one thing about the Rule Machine interface. If you toggle the screen reader option in hubitat, the rules are quite accessible. A bit too robust, but accessible. If you toggle that feature off, the Rule Machine drops off the screen as far as screen readers go. Here is how I know to toggle the switch. Go to "Settings" in the hubitat page, and look for a check box. There is only one, so it is easy to find using the check box navigation key, and check it. I am not sure about Narrator, but NVDA works quite well, perhaps even better than JAWS. I am an ex-JAWS user, but I cannot afford their fees anymore, and I am quite happy with NVDA.