Received a hub registered to someone else

Apparently my friend who I'm helping with their home automation was a victim of the dreaded Amazon return recycling. The device she received was previously registered. I've sent emails to support@hubitat.com as well as orders@hubitat.com and haven't yet received a response after a full working week. I'm OK doing a hard reset rather than get a new device but not getting any kind of response after a week has me a bit worried. It seems as though the hard reset procedure isn't documented anywhere so I'm stuck and I was trying to get everything set up tomorrow. If anyone that can provide some help on the hard reset it would be appreciated.

Tagging @support_team.

3 Likes

The new method of contacting support is via the web portal: support.hubitat.com. That being said, Support was just tagged above, so I'm sure you'll hear back here soon!

2 Likes

Please send me a private message. Unfortunately, we didn't receive a warranty case as mentioned above, so we were not aware of the issue.

Be sure to join the Hub Owners group, if you are unable to send private messages.

https://community.hubitat.com/g/owners

2 Likes

PM Sent! I didn't think to file a warranty claim because I didn't think the device was really broken...just needed some settings 'fixed'

2 Likes

Thank you for the private message. It looks like Amazon sent you a returned hub, instead of a new one-- something we've seen them doing, occasionally. Please see my message for your options.

3 Likes