Reboot Hub

I’ve read several posts where people talk about rebooting the hub automatically.

Can anyone shed some light on how this is done?

I lose connection with Alexa about every 10 days and the only way to recover seems to be a reboot of my hub. So I would like to automate that weekly.

1 Like

Thank you. I have not installed anything like that to date but I’m certainly willing to give it a shot. Should be a learning experience.

How to install custom apps

This link above should help explain it.

Highly recommend using this app.
I reboot weekly just because I can. :grinning:
Just for info I run mine at 3.30 am.
My daily backup is at 2.15am.
This way if I forget to take a backup after I've made changes I won't accidentally lose any changes I may have made the day before as I may if I reboot before 2.15am.
A reboot does take a backup before running I believe but I'm a belt AND braces man.:blush:

Before I can install it I have to figure out how to copy it. I copied what I think is the source code into the habitat editor but when I try to save it I get this error. Maybe I’m copying the wrong thing?

expecting '}', found '' @ line 157, column 2.

OK..now I have it. I"m good.

When I went to raw on the git site everything seemed to work ok.

When you go to the link to the apps you want to select apps, rebooter.groovy then raw and copy and paste all the contents of the raw groovy file that comes up (URL direct to the Raw file here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-rebooter/master/apps/Rebooter.groovy)

Yep.. Thank you. Got it. I'm saving it now.

Once you get it saved then follow the Loading Your User Developed APP instructions to have it show in the app list.

Summary

Loading Your User Developed App

Once your app has successfully saved, you will need to load it to your Web Interface before you can use it:

1. From the sidebar of your hub, select Apps.
  2. Select the +Add User App button.

Install Saved User App 2.0.png

1. Find your User App in the list and select it to instantly add it.

Install user app list 2.0.png

That's it! You're all set to create glorious home automations with your new app.

And once that is complete be sure to go in to the app and configure it. Cheers!

1 Like

All configured. Now we wait and see how it works out. I'll start with the soft one and see if Alexa stays connected. Thank you. If it helps me out, I'll for sure donate.

1 Like

Just ran across this as well. May be a bit for the next release, but looks like something will be built in to do the same thing soon.

1 Like