Reboot hub weekley with Hub Information Driver V3

I've managed to get the driver @thebearmay built installed as a virtual device. I don't know how to proceed from here - I want my hub to reboot each Saturday at 5:15AM.

I found this post that seems to show preferences but I can't get to them. The only settings I see for my hubinfo device are:

Appreciate any help thrown my way.

russ

It’s down a little further

Once you’ve turned that on and saved it, you can use RM or webCoRE to run the custom command Reboot.

3 Likes

Not to take awqay from Hub Info as I use it for restarts and great info but there is a simple HPM app for rebooting your hub on a schedule.
Called Hub Rebooter.

2 Likes

Thank you. I had blinders on apparently. Do you have link to steps on how to do the reboot in RM? I added a virtual switch but I can't even remember how to make a device available to use in Rule Machine.

In the rule, this Action flow should work...

3 Likes

Thanks @dnickel. When I pasted the groovy drive code in I get a message, "No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Rebooter, namespace:dcm.rebooter, author:Dominick Meglio, ...]] on line 14"

May be harmless, just wanted to check.

Sorry, ignore. I pasted it into "Drivers code" instead of "Apps code". ;-( Tried to delete my reply but doesn't seem to be a way.

Yes, and I have used it for years. However, it does not support new Hubitat Reboot options such as "Rebuild Database On Reboot" or "Purge Logs On Reboot". The Developer of this app is no longer active on the Hubitat Forum. I do wish someone would resume development/maintenance of this app and add the new Reboot options.

You can simply use WebCore to set a timed event to use the Hubinfo parameters.
I use a piston to reboot on low memory or shutdown on power loss.

You can also do this as easily in RM