[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

I'm asking someone with github knowledge to queue it up to be merged into the code-base, so I don't have to add it manually every time HSM pulls an update.

@morse.caleb did that before, with @ardichoke then doing the final merge.

I am able to access the Ring Alarm with the latest version... is this what you are trying to do?

I just tested this and it stopped the alarm.

That's the alarm hub.

I'm after a standalone siren, which is a "Ring Virtual Siren" device. :slight_smile:

Ah! I don’t have one of those... And unfortunately, I have no idea how to update the code in GitHub...

But I didn’t know until just now that I could enable and disable the Ring Hub siren... that could be useful... :smile:

1 Like

Trust me. With all the sirens I've got around here. It gets noisy AF when things go off.

Especially for like 20 minutes while I'm running around try to get all the trolls stuffed back under their respective bridges.

If I had the wife component of WAF--the AF would part would have changed meaning last night for sure! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol. This is one of the reasons I do all I can to avoid false alarms... WAF is good and I want to keep it that way... :grin:

1 Like

I see a new alarm getting setup for the kids...

This popped up today and I haven't made any changes in a few months

Thoughts?

My guess is that something on the Ring side got dropped and re-joined.

That is what happens to me when I need to remove and re add a device. You need to get in and re-init the stuff in the App to get it to pick up the new device number.

Will do, TY

FYI: You can see what device it is

http://192.168.1.1/device/edit/nnnn

where "192.168.1.1" is your hub's IP

and "nnnn" is the device number ("3255" in this case).

It's the Virtual Hub...

Any luck?

Did you open the "Unofficial Ring Connect" app and click the "Discover Devices" button?

You can also try clicking the "Configure Logging" button to temporarily ramp up logging to see if you get any clues.

Yes I did re-discover devices...

I'll step up logging

Posting here as it may have more visibility.
Added my schlage lock to Ring successfully.
I have the unofficial ring integration up and running (for a while now)
But, the lock will not show up as a device. Attaching screenshots of the log.
Hope someone can provide some assistance. Thanks!!

1 Like

I just noticed in the screenshot below:
createDevices: false
Not sure if this is an issue or not

I don't have a lock paired with mine (I paired it directly to HE), but mine also shows as "false".

Did you go into the "Ring Virtual Alarm Hub" device and click "Create Devices" after you paired the lock?

Also note that @ardichoke merged in some Lock fixes people were having once you do get this recognized.

Mine says the same, but I also have the option to “Set Mode” which you don’t have... I wonder if that might be related...

Thanks. Yes I clicked the create devices

Have you also added the Lock device code from the repository (or HPM)?

If so, I hate to say it, but I'd suggest saving a backup of your hub, then re-installing the app with the latest code in the top post (or installing through HPM) and setting up your system again to see if that gets your lock added.