[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

Yeah, if you have data like that, it would seem so.

In my case, I was beta-testing 2.2.4 and it was busted--then later, it started working.

Kinda rando--and my sample size was tiny. So, I was keeping an open mind. :slight_smile:

Are you now able to lock-unlock your locks with the latest 2.2.4?

Not sure who that was aimed at. But. I have all my locks directly on my HE Hub. The door sensor, motion detectors, smoke alarms--are all on Ring. I read/react to their status and both set and react to changes to the Hub's "mode" (armed home/armed away/disarmed). That's mostly it.

1 Like

On that note, @Sebastien - could you try setting the Ring "Mode" from HE on 2.2.4 and see if you also hit Rob's issue?
That would further help scope if the issue is broad about sending commands back to Ring's Web-socket in general or just an issue with Locks.

I can set the alarm to home, armed home and armed away with no issue - assuming that's the issue Rob was having...

Awesome. I assume you did that from the HE dashboard or directly on the device, not through the Ring app/web correct?

Yep. That got fixed in the mid .130s betas somewhere. :slight_smile: I'm happy about that!

1 Like

Here are the logs from version 2.2.3 (Took out the parts that I think I need to... Though who knows...)

And from 2.2.4:

So, I’m wondering What the next step is... do you know who fixed the other issue @rob9? If so, we may want to tag them to look at this one...

i don't know that anybody did?

As important and useful as that Ring App is, the person who figured out how to leverage the IFTTT process to make it work got PO'd somehow and yanked it all (about the ".1" release time)

Then, another dude created a github and put it back out there--he did some minor messing around with it and tried to consolidate some branches, which resulted in a few later versions. But, he never really dug into it and doesn't have time to really support it.

I was rather surprised that my stuff just started working. Note, I'm still on the ".1" version (never upgraded since that looked potentially painful and my stuff was working).

I was thinking that maybe someone at Hubitat changed something in the Hubitat firmware that fixed the issue...

This is such a great app, I hope it can be properly maintained again some day...

2 Likes

got to luv some dev humor/frustration

Any idea what the huh? what's this? means?

Did you ever hear the Bill Cosby monologue Oops!

I'd guess--an unanticipated or theoretically impossible condition.

Better that they put that in there that what often happens--which is they do NOT put that sort of thing in there and the code does something grossly improper.

I seem to recall a discussion with Ben on that a while back... If I remember correctly, he had put that in there to catch situations that were unexpected.

I think it allowed him to quickly fix an issue that was identified... But as I said, it’s been a while so I may be mis-remembering...

Thanks, it showed up immediately upon a hub reboot, might not have been fully initialized when trying to make the connection, just a guess from a non-dev guy. I'll keep watching the logs

Rick

1 Like

Uh-oh.

This is Omar with the Ring Community Support Team contacting you about your base station false alarm escalation, upon further investigation we discovered that the bases Core stopped and restarted during entry delay. When the monitoring plugin came back up, it stopped sending the entry delay heartbeats to our cloud. Having not heard from the hub, the base decides that it should fast-track the alarm and entered the abort window sooner than otherwise would have, that's when keypad cancel came in and resulted in a burglary/false alarm. We are curious to know if you have any type of 3rd party integrations that work with the Alarm system or any integrations/scripts running against the alarm system? If no, we recommend monitoring the base and if this happens again at all in the future please do contact us. If yes, we suggest disabling that integration to help prevent this from happening again.

Yeah, it's nothing to worry about, but more of an unexpected response. I think these usually started to show up when new devices or features are being introduced to Ring.
Ben at the time said these were 100% ok to ignore, the work would be to support whatever this is if desired.

Please please don't respond with any 3rd party integration details. lol
I'd hate to see this integration banned or blocked.

2 Likes

I think I'll ghost them on that one. :wink:

2 Likes