[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

Hold on to your panties my friend. We are all just community members taking our free time to help eachother out.

We aren't support, mind readers, nor the original authors of this integration, we are just good people who like to help out and care about this community.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but you seemed to not recall having turned on polling yourself (which you had to do), so we were also being led down a false path. No need for you to point fingers in only one direction. You and I could both have done better.

Again, didn't have to turn it on, it was already on from my last doorbell.

1 Like

Understood. Back to the topic then - and sorry for misunderstanding - is that new device working with polling after the 15min you have set, or does it appear there is something unique about it?

I'd like to help @ardichoke document anything special about that device if possible.

Anybody able to give me a clue?

No idea, sorry.
You might want to consider doing a back-up, then reverting to an older version of this app to see if that fixes it.

Or, follow @ardichoke' advice and if you upgraded make sure you re-add your Alarm Hub

Hello, new to hubitat. I have this integration working. I recently starting getting initialization error "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" but solved it by deleting devices and re-adding them. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. While reading the forums, this user ([WITHDRAWN] Unofficial Ring Integration) set up a push alert if the websocket does not reconnect. I don't see how to do this with rule machine unless I missed something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can find this under "Custom" then choosing the Ring API device, and you'll see a trigger for "websocket" which can be under "Changed" or explicitly looking for the value as in that example.

Here's a quick animated gif:

1 Like

Thanks. That is what I am missing. When selecting a device, all my ring devices show up but not the "Ring API Virtual Device". What did I do wrong here since everything else is otherwise working?

Edit: Sorry, for some reason it got renamed to something else. I found it and it is now working. Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven't gotten any sensor updates since early AM on 9/26, and my alarm control doesn't seem to work either... Lock control works no problem. So its authenticating correctly and connected...

Any idea if there are any issues anyone else is having, or should I just blow away the devices and recreate?

Nothing in the logs?
Safe to assume specific to Ring Alarm and not any cameras?

Before you nuke - have you turned on logging and tried to 'kick it'.
e.g. Go to your ' Ring API Virtual Device' and check if the webhook is connected. Hit 'initialize' and 'refresh'. Then check your logs.

So I just want to use the sirens in the Ring cameras as external alarms for HSM but for some reason I can't get it to see my wired spotlight cam, it sees all the others. I think I have the right drivers selected etc and have uninstall and re-installed a couple of times, anyone see what I'm missing?

I also have the Ring AP Virtual device selected.

They are all at the same location

And in HE

Thanks for any insights :slight_smile:

I'd suggest making sure you have all 3 of these drivers installed;

ring-virtual-light-with-siren.groovy - Floodlight Cam, Spotlight Cam
ring-virtual-light.groovy - Spotlight Cam Battery (A few devices where the siren call is different and I haven't reverse engineered it yet.)
ring-virtual-camera-with-siren.groovy - Indoor Cam, Stick Up Cam

Also, mind turn on logging before you do discovery?
Perhaps your Spotlight is newer and is coming up with a new name?

Newer name was the issue, came up as spotlightw_v2 so added the below and all good.

"spotlightw_v2": [name: "Ring Spotlight Cam Wired", driver: "Ring Virtual Light with Siren", dingable: true],

Cheers
Steve

I swear I had tried this... but this worked... Thank you!

Hello, another question. Trying to use RM to dis/arm ring. Reading through various past posts, I know I can use HSM sync for this but would like to directly control ring from the rule. I don't see any options on how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I don't give up. Found more posts and the answer within one. Never thought of looking at "Actuator" in a custom action.

1 Like

For the benefit of other and future seekers of that solution, mind posting how you did it?

The steps I followed to do this myself are here in the original Ring integration thread:

2 Likes

That would be the way. Thanks for posting.

Is there any way to manually poll for a new snapshot?