[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

Hi.Been looking in to Ring alarm system. Can someone confirm if the motion sensor can work independently even if it is directly connected to the alarm system as opposed to HE itself? i.e. can I use the sesnor to trigger action on HE
thanks

You are correct, and I can confirm this. I use the Ring contact and Motion sensors that are connected to Ring as triggers in apps and rules. It saves me from having two sensors per door, and to have to install additional sensors where I already have some from Ring.

Be aware however that this integration is not official and could stop working at any point.

thank you. that is useful to know

hopefully there will be an official integration??

1 Like

That would be really great, but most likely won’t happen. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn’t appear to be interested in creating integrations to their devices.

1 Like

I may need a bit of help.

I'm trying to integrate HE to my Ring alarm to receive alarm status (disabled, home armed, away armed), and pass that status via color codes on my Inovelli Red switches. I believe I also needed the switch dashboard app. While i also own the Pro doorbell and another stick up cam, i don't need to integrate that yet.

This is where i'm getting confused. I installed the app via package manager. Selected the ring alarm base station.

Go to devices in HE, and I have the Ring Virtual Alarm Hub.

What's next? Any advice much appreciated!

Your best bet would be to start on this first page and read the " Brief Installation Instructions" section.

If you have additional questions we can help you out.

1 Like

Is there a way to force the websocket to reconnect after internet loss instead of waiting for the watchdog check or lowering how often it checks? Thanks.

@SoundersDude: Great app thank you ! It was working fine ! But for the last 2 days it is not working at all for me. Is it still working on your side ? The devices did not get the status anymore. Should I reinstall ?

Edited: I removed and reinstalled and now it worked. No idea what was the problem.

1 Like

I'm trying to integrate my Ring doorbell in Hubitat. I have added the app using Hubitat Package Manager but after logging in, choosing my location and providing my 2FA code I am getting the following error:

Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI

Does anyone know what might be going on? I'm really new to Hubitat and not really sure what to do. Thanks!

Do the DNI is this.
So you might need to go into Devices and remove any duplicates or all items and reinstall your app again and start over?

Really hard to tell, but it's basically tell you that you have two devices listed as the exact same and it doesn't know what it do as these should be unique.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I did have a Ring Virtual Camera in Devices that I was able to remove. I tried uninstalling "Unofficial Ring Connect" from Hubitat Package Manager and get the following Fatal Error.

Ring error

Now when I try to add New User App I have "Unofficial Ring Connect" listed 3 times. This must be the problem however I can't figure out how to remove everything to start over.

Do you know if there a way to manually remove all these files?

To manually remove the apps, go to the “Apps” menu and instead of going to Hubitat Package Manager, scroll down until you see “Unofficial Ring Connect”. Click on the app and click on the red “Remove” button on the bottom left. You will need to remove all 3 apps.

You should then go to your devices and ensure that you do the same for all of them that weren’t removed by the app - click on the red “Remove Device” on the bottom right. If it tells you the device is used by an app, you will want to click on the links to the right of “In Use By” and remove the device from those apps.

The "Unofficial Ring Connect" app is actually not even listed under Apps I guess because it never completely installs while going through the initial setup before I get the "Unexpected Error" message mentioned above. It's only listed 3 times under the "+Add User App" button. I have been able to remove anything that refers to "Ring" under the Devices.

That’s interesting - never saw that before!

Two things that I would try if you are still getting the error:

1. Reboot the hub (Not sure it would do anything, but who knows!)
  2. I would try doing a back-up (saved locally) and then restore it (from file) - that can help resolve some database issues... though I wouldn’t know that this would fit in that category...

Others in the forum might have other/better ideas...

Agreed.
I'd definitely reboot your hub through the settings UX, remove all the related apps and devices, reboot again, and then re-install if everything looks good and clean.

1 Like

I ended up going to "Apps Code" and found 3 copies of the "Hubitat Ring Integration(Unoffical)" and just deleted those then went to "Drivers Code" and deleted "Ring Virtual Camera" but was unable to delete "Ring API Virtual Device"

Now I no longer have 3 copies of "Unofficial Ring Connect" under the "+Add User App" button however Hubitat Package Manager still reports that I have "Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial) and I still get the "Fatal error occurred, rolling back" when I try to uninstall it I guess because I still have a copy of "Ring API Virtual Device" listed under Drivers Code. I'm just not sure why it won't let me remove it.

I did do a reboot of the hub as you suggested but have yet to try doing a back-up and restore.

[EDIT] It looks like I can't remove the "Ring API Virtual Device" under Drivers Code because it reports it is being used by [Location]

1 Like

I tried doing a back-up to local file and restore and am experiencing the same problems.
I tried doing a repair in Hubitat Package Manager and that didn't help either.

So basically, I can't completely install and can't uninstall to do a clean install. If anyone else has any suggestions I would sure appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

I ran into this issue when I accidentally share the ring devices on hub mesh and unable to delete.
There is a way to force delete the device but take it as you own risk cause deleting a wrong device could be fatal without backup or knowing how to recover.

http://your.hubs.ip.address/device/forceDelete/12345/yes

12345 is the device id.

I'd also suggest @tcfreeman26 posting in the support form if you have questions about how to remove a ghost app or device.

1 Like

@Navat604 @SoundersDude Thanks for the suggestions. i think I will contact support to try and get "Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)" completely removed from Hubitat Package Manager so I can start over. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like