[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

oddly enough, i don't even see the ring app in my apps but it's installed

Hey everyone. Just had a question before I go through setting up 8+ cameras and all my other Ring garbage.

With this app would I be able to link "Disarmed", "Home" and "Away" modes to 3 individual physical buttons like a Sonoff snzb01?

Having to pull the phone out every time we leave the house or are going to work outside to change modes is something that I feel could be achieved faster with physical buttons right by the front door.

Yes. 98% of my arming/disarming interaction with Ring is via buttons/switches.
One near the front door, one on the way up the stairs to head to bed (and come down in the AM).

1 Like

Yep. I also have a Lutron Caseta pico that can arm our Ring alarm from our car. Huge for the family.

Great idea. I have a few 2 button picos laying around. How do you mount/place the pico in your car?

Great question, I used this Car Visor Clip that was built for this. Right now it sits right next to our Garage door opener on the visor, I've since hooked up a Zooz and should turn one of the additional buttons into the garage and simplify.... Thanks for asking! Woot.

1 Like

Quick question related to integrating Ring with Hubitat: is there a way to manipulate motion alert for each devices? I’m specifically referring to motion alert rather than motion detection that can already be manipulated via Ring Mode and Alexa/IFTT/probably this app.
My use case is to only enable Motion alert for outdoor cams (which trigger a Ring notification) when the Hubitat mode is set to away (nobody home).
Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of. The way I achieve this is by using HE and this integration to control the Ring States. So I toggle between Disarmed, Home and Away to achieve this.

My understanding playing with Ring Mode is that you can only change motion detection, rather than motion alert. I want to maintain motion detection on all my outdoor camera at all time, and would like to only received notifications from some outdoor camera when I’m not home. Is it what you’re able to achieve?

Ah got it, you are correct, I'm talking about the motion detection, not native alerts.

1 Like

Wondering if someone has seen this issue - newly set up in both Hubitat and IFTTT, I can look in the devices list and verify that the device ID does actually exist and it's doing it for all my Ring devices.

Received processIFTTT for device RING||24616485 that does not exist.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hmm. Have you tried re-starting your hub first, and re-confirming you setup your IFTTT correctly?

Hey guys, quick question, is this still the most current Ring integration module, or should I look elsewhere ?

Yep, and working great!

Awesome, thanks !

I installed this using HPM, but I cannot get into the app. After inputting my credentials and selecting a location I get this error...can anyone please help this noob out

" Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI"

The short version is that you appear to have two apps running that create the same DNI for child devices.

Appreciate the response. Do you mind elaborating in laymen's terms?

Two apps referring to different apps or two instances of the same app running?

How do I resolve this?

Thanks for your help!

I’m guessing 2 similar apps. Did you have prior Ring app? Fixing it will require identifying what the DNI value in conflict is and then trying to determine which app is the easiest to modify.

I goofed up during the install after I finished authentication the first go at it. Didn't show up on my apps tab.

Maybe deleting the app and starting over is in order and the easiest fix? If so, what would be the best way to delete; via HPM?