[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

Not sure if this helps, but I believe you can also bypass by pressing a button on they keypad.

does anyone have any suggestion what should I do please? I have only updated to v0.5.3. But since the update all my door sensor and the virtual alarm hub is not working. But all the motion sensor still work...
thanks

Question:
I had an issue which forced me to re do my Ring installation.
I believe that the following devices are from that first Ring installation:

Is this a ghost device that I should get rid of (via the normal process)?

This integration doesn't support devices when you pair the Ring device to Habitat's Z-Wave network, so this won't be related to this integration.

1 Like

I am also getting this error when trying to configure Snapshot. Did you finally figure out how to make snapshots work?

Thanks

Do you have it enabled in both places?

Device Preferences:

Under Ring Integration App:

I have the first location (polling enabled). It is when I try to configure the way that Hubitat will get camera thumbnail images that I get an error saying no installed devices support snapshots. I have removed the devices and software and reinstalled everything but still no luck. Can anyone help?

Which cameras do you have?

I have a Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Yesterday, it started working. I went to the device itself and checked that polling was turned on. I turned it off and then back on again. I then went to the unofficial ring connect app and started through the configuration. I logged out of my ring account and logged in again. Then clicked on the box for motion alerts and then selected polling. I turned this on and then decided I really didn't want or need this so turned it off again. This time, when I clicked on the box for configuring how Hubitat will get thumbnail images, I did not get the error I was getting before. I was able to configure the polling interval etc. for the doorbell. I was able to set up the image on my dashboard and all seems to be working fine. The only thing I did differently was the part about the motion alerts. I am not sure if there is some sort of bug or if it is just me.

Go into the Unofficial Ring app. See if you have the door bell under discover device. If it's not there then turn on the log and run discover device. It's possible your ring bell has some funky name. If so then go back to post 1099 for a quick fix and hope @morse.caleb will add the name to the next update.

We are past this point. The device is installed. The errors occur in the dialogue box where you try to configure how snapshots are handled.

Can you post a screenshot of

• The data section of the driver page for that camera?
  • The "Manage Installed Child Devices" section of the app.

In a future version I'm going to add an error message for when any of the ring devices is installed without a parent. Should make it much easier to debug this same issue.

2 Likes

I am new to this. Where do I find the data section of the driver page?

If you go to your camera device, and scroll to the bottom you get the 'data' section he is referring to.
see:

Here is the data:

Data

Did an HPM match-up recently and got this:

I've been running this integration for quite a while, and haven't had issues (AFAIK) w/the code getting updated when updates have been released. Surprised that I wasn't already matched correctly.

Should I do the match-up, or leave things be?

I'm at a loss for why this it stopped working but i'm unable to change the mode via the alarm hub in hubitat. Any idea's why this would all of the sudden stop working? I'm fully updated, and nothing has changed in my setup.

That's odd. Mine is still working.
Can you look at the logs and see if you get anything, and turn on debug logging in the main App, Virtual Alarm hub device and the API device?

That could help us see if Ring is rolling out a change or something else.

oddly enough, i don't even see the ring app in my apps but it's installed