[RE-RELEASE] EcoWitt and Wittboy Weather Stations And Sensors (Local)

Ok, thanks

Does “ Compound Outdoor Sensors: Combine sensors in a virtual PWS array* ? I still end up with multiple outdoor sensors.

Is there a way to see the raw data Hubitat is getting from the Ecowitt gateway?

There are no battery 4,5, 6 etc attributes not sure what you are looking at or showing . Show us screen shots of your device panel pages that show the attributes.

1 Like

Is this what you want to see for the Ambient sensor?

I believe if you turn on debug logging it should be displayed, but if that doesn't work there is one other option I can think of.

What sort of battery does the sensor use? I'm wondering whether we need to tweak the voltage range.

Trace logging and a Sensor resync gets this in the logs re: batteries.

Not sure why my outdoor WH32 shows as a WH26.

1 Like

Do you have a weather station with multiple sensors in one unit, or do you have separate sensors connected to the gateway?

Not that I can find, but I'm no expert with it, hardly used the app and when I did... couldn't find what I was looking for half the time. :slight_smile:

Yeah, noticed after I asked that I don't think I saw my pws battery reading in their either, just the soil sensors.

Looking at this, it seems the WH32 - Outdoor Ambient is pooched as well. The batteries are at least a year old and not likely still at 100%.

My outdoor batteries in my wh32's have lasted over a year. If u are using lithium that is normal, they will read 100 till a day or two before they die. To the guy who posted his device page... Is it a wh31 or 32 and can u post the events ..their may be no events (my guess). In which case your battery is really dead.

The ecowitt app has no battery info except for wind sensors. The ecowitt.net has battery info for all sensors if you goto your info there. Ie

1 Like

WH32 Outdoor (showing as WH26) Reporting temp/humidity regularly/correctly.
Year(+) old 2xAA alkaline batteries.

WH31 Indoor. Reporting temp/humidity regularly/correctly.
New 2xAA alkaline batteries.

I have a Wind sensor (with solar measurements, temp, humidity, etc) and a rain sensor.

Thats not what i am looking for.. if there are no other actual temp events the batteries are dead.

I have at least 20 wh31 between 5 weather station installs and all are reporting battery correctly. My guess is something wrong with the stall or the version you are running if all show that try reinstalling.

Just looked again
This.code is written for ecowitt sensors not ambient. Not suorised it is not.working.100% with battery reporting or other issues.

Ie these sensors
https://www.amazon.com/ECOWITT-Multi-Channel-Temperature-Humidity-Sensor/dp/B07JLRJRLM

There is a different app for ambient weather stations. The firmware in ambient are slightly different. That is also why your wh32 is reporting as something else.

That being said if you turn on debugging the battery reports may be coming in on a different attribute for that sensor than the ecowitt version and we may be able to code for it or it may just not be reporting battery or faulty and there is nothing that can be done.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into that @kahn-hubitat, I'd have never reached that conclusion...

Side note .. my latest station is a newer gw1100b anf they have apparently dropped the rainTotal attribute. Same a as i saw for the wittboy .

This breaks template 10 which has this attribute in it and we can no longer show the rain data. We need a 10b or something that either drops rainTotal or uses rainYearly instead.

Ie

1 Like

Good pickup. I really need to start using the Issue list again in GitHub... :slight_smile:

I'll have a think about the template and the rainTotal.... rainYearly does sound like a good option.

I have the WH31 multi channel sensors. I have 8 of the sensors around my house and all 8 started reporting 0 battery on the 19th of June. I am still getting temp and humidity readings on all the sensors. The Ecowitt webpage says al l the batteries are NORMAL.