[RE-RELEASE][BETA] Tuya Zigbee Dimmer Module (w/ healthStatus)

With pleasure!

1 Like

Unfortunately, your device model TS1101 manufacturer _TZ3000_7ysdnebc doesn't seem to support rocker switches.. Or at least, I couldn't find anything in Github. The link that you posted is for another device (TS110E).

We could still try, but I will need some more data from you - to install a special driver, run some magic commands, post the results and then you can return back to the driver that you are using at the moment.

Hey @kkossev, the person in the post I referred to on github had the exact same behaviour for his devices that I had. Pls see the opening post of that same github thread: Is it possible to configure a Zigbee dimmer module to work with a rocker switch? · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · Discussion #12684 · GitHub

It would seem to be an issue that affects all of the Moes and Lonsonho dimmer models this incompatibility with rocker switches, not just my model.
That's why I'm hopeful if Zigbee2mqtt was able to find a fix for this, that it would be possible within Hubitat directly as well.

Happy to assist and trial things out if you want to have a go at this.

No, the devices are totally different. The only common is that they are all called 'dimmers', nothing else.

model TS1101 manufacturer _TZ3000_7ysdnebc is not mentioned in the GitHub link.

Moes and Lonsonho sell everything made by other small manufacturers in China, that can bring them some extra $$$.

Moes and Lonsongo are selling dozens of totally different devices under their white label.

The only way to be sure whether this device can handle rocker-type switches is to pair it to a Tuya Zigbee gateway and see if there is any option to configure the external switch in the Tuya Smart Life app.

I can recommend at the moment Zemismart M1 Zigbee gateway, which should be also future-proof with the possible incoming Matter Bridge support in HE.

Blockquote No, the devices are totally different. The only common is that they are all called 'dimmers', nothing else.
model TS1101 manufacturer _TZ3000_7ysdnebc is not mentioned in the GitHub link.

Oh OK, I had assumed that the TZ3000 being the common denominator was the model number and that they were all manufactured to the same spec by different manufacturers (7ysdnebc being the case for my manufacturer). If that assumption had been correct, it would have stood to reason that they would all behave in the same way.

I've considered getting a cheap extra hub in the past for that exact reason but ultimately decided against it as all the cheap Chinese ones require accounts and in some cases apps to be installed to set things up and the like. It's just a shame (if my understanding from long ago is correct) that Tuya decided to drift from the IEEE spec and in essence started to do its own thing which HE struggled to incorporate. If that understanding is correct it's commendable and I fully support that HE wants to maintain proper Zigbee protocols, but it's not helpful in adding these kinds of devices of course.

The Zemismart M1 unfortunately looks to be the same in that it will also require setup in ways I'm not comfortable with, so whilst I've just happily received a Zemismart Zigbee tube motor to put into one of my roller blinds, I'm not going to extend that same courtesy for the M1 :wink:
Couldn't care less about the Matter support either as I'm happy to stick with Zigbee.

The other option, rather then a cheap Tuya hub would be to go the ZigbeeM2QTT route, but I've always been reluctant to start messing around with RPi's as it's another thing I'll have to get my head around. The choice for HE originally was to have one device and an easy way to manage things. Else I would have gone with Home Assistant from day 1.
Now that it would seem that Zigbee2MQTT is becoming more and more unavoidable, I may try my hand at the RPi after all and initially just use Zigbee2MQTT. But I reckon if I do that, it won't be long before I also install HA and start tinkering with that as I certainly like the plethora of integrations there as well as the dashboards.
Add to the mix that I'm also looking into multiroom audio and I can run Snapcast on the Pi together with the HA integration which features a Snapcast client with volume control and I reckon I'm about to hit order on either the new Rpi5 or a slightly cheaper Rpi4.

If Zigbee2MQTT does have an option for a rocker switch for the 7ysdnebc, I'll happily report back so that you can decide whether you'd like to look at building in similar support for HE of course, but it'll take some time before I get to that stage I imagine.

I have been testing this driver with the Moes _TZE200_ip2akl4w (I have purchased 1/2/3 gang versions)
Unfortunately I have been unable to get it working as expected.
The spec sheet says single touch on/off long touch for dim.
However once configure, single touch causes the light to turn on from its lowest setting and increase in brightness. second touch goes from highest to lowest and then off. no action on long press.
ordered a cheap Tuya hub for the short term, but would much prefer to run this from HE.
Happy to provide any Info I can to help troubleshoot this, and even help with updating the driver once I get my head around the language. (needed to start somewhere, so I guess this is it)

These functions should work even offline, when the dimmer is not paired to any hub.
Is this your case?

If you installed the driver after pairing this Tuya dimmer to HE, it will not work by simply changing the driver later. The driver must be automatically selected when the device pairs for the first time.

You can try again, by removing the device and pairing it again in HE.

Thank you for this driver. FYI It works with my

Tuya MS-105Z single channel dimmer module

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 44
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,EF00
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_la2c2uo9
  • model: TS0601
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:

I assume the "advanced" switch in the preferences is for modules with more capability than my simple 1Ch dimmer.

I did notice the driver is larger than most. Is this because of Tuya or the number of options you've included?

Thanks
John

Thanks, can confirm that rebinding the switch after installing the driver worked.

Next issue is just with timing. Pushing the switch seems to have a slight delay before it fades on (0->100%) as opposed to just switching on (100%)

?GLEDOPTO GL-SD-003P Din Rail Dimmer - Close enough to GL-SD-001? Better Hue?
Says In 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008/Out 0019: (OTA)
So getting on to a fresh install on C-8 and had picked up a couple of these.
Native installed as Advanced Zigbee RGBW bulb; Generic ZB ??; they do turn on/off/dim.
Thanks in advance by newbie/

There is no code in this driver to handle, especially the GLEDOPTO GL-SD-003P DIN rail dimmer..
This device should be working with HE stock drivers,

Hi, guys.

I'd like to report the new Zemismart dimmer is compatible with this driver.

I just add the following code line and done (and on static def modelConfigs too). The fingerprint is fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0004,0005,EF00", outClusters:"0019,000A", model:"TS0601", manufacturer:"_TZE204_znvwzxkq"

I'll do more testes and check if this modifications are really needed

1 Like

Hi, guys. A recently update from this device:

For some reason, the dimmer is flooding my Zigbee network a lot.

I'm having more usage from Dimmer than my power meter or mmWave sensors. I don't see any reason of so much Zigbee mesh usage.

That's not unusual for Tuya devices ....

@vctgomes, Were you able to solve the unnecessary activity of the Zemismart Tuya Zigbee dimmer?

I need to find one of these type dimmers to squeeze in some dimmer switches in my electrical switch box. The one you have pictured in your post looks easier to operate than the ones with just buttons. But now I'm unsure whether this would really be workable.

Not yet. I tried to connect on Z2M and even not working there yet, the Dimmer also looks to be flooding Z2M too

The weird thing is a stranger LED blinking every time. I don't know the reason, but it looks like an activity LED.