RBoy app for smartlocks

I haven't tried this, but you should be able to use a Custom Command in RM to send a code.

Yes, managing lock codes using the driver is clunky, the ui in the driver wasn't designed for this, the driver lock code methods were taylored to be managed via a manager app. It is also a proof of concept for our lock code schema, as none existed in st officially when we wrote this driver, there still may not be one, no matter.
The manager app has risen to the top of my heap, currently I'm finishing a driver for the lowes v2 keypads which will be an option in the manager app as well.

4 Likes

As an Fyi, we will be implementing encryption decryption methods at the platform level, so any pin codes flying around will be encrypted.

7 Likes

@mike.maxwell, did you ever get going on the lock manager app?

Yes, it's about 50 to 60 percent complete currently. Concurrent with it's release there will be drivers for zigbee locks, as well as the centralite keypads (lowes and Comcast versions), getting the drivers completed for that along with some capability extensions, the cipher methods and the not insignificant data structures involved has taken more time than I expected...

9 Likes

Good encryption is hard to do. Glad you’re taking the time to get it right!

Any further update on this? I'm waiting to bring my locks over until I can have the same functionality I have from RBoys implementation. I love that I can assign a name to the code and that I'm notified, basically, who is unlocking in his app.

I have no idea what rboys app provides.
We're providing code naming, lock and keypad code sync, HSM integration, usage accounting and burner code options.
It won't be in release 1.1.2, I'm targeting it for 1.1.3, hopefully.

2 Likes

Sounds close enough to get me there. Waiting... impatiently :smiley:

1 Like

IDlock 150 compatibility?

Glad to hear we'll have better lock code management soon.

The two things I have in ST that I wish we could get in the hubitat driver (BE468) are vacation mode which disables all lock codes and auto-lock

Not sure how universal they are across the schlage locks, but here's a link to the params for the 468 and 469

1 Like

Auto lock is better implemented in a separate rule as not all locks support this.
Vacation mode is interesting, I'll think about that one.

1 Like

Hopefully solid support for Yale Z-wave+ locks will be make available with the release of the Lock manager. The current driver is hit and miss. Definitely better than no driver available, but I doubt Yale locks will work well with the new lock manager if the driver isn't given some Yale specific love.

@mike.maxwell Vacation Mode and Auto-lock are features of the hardware/ firmware in the lock model he described, not implemented in the management app. The popular SmartThings driver for the lock added attributes and tiles to track the state of those features and to toggle them through their various states.

In this case, you could maybe do one of the following (or some better idea):

1. create a driver that supports the specific features of those locks
  2. make it easier for folks to add custom params and their settings to a device
  3. expose sample code for the lock so folks could modify it to create their own. bonus points for an inheritance/ overload approach to reduce code duplication

I was coming back to ask the same thing. Short of writing my own driver,is there or could there be a way through rule machine or a custom app to send/query these device specific parameters

For vacation mode cant you just delete all codes and then add them back when you want to remove the vacation mode? This could also be automated VIA the RM with a custom command.

Would the tool @mike.maxwell wrote for setting zwave parameters be useful for these locks that do not have the parameters set by the driver?

The BE468 was the model that I have and can use the RM to add and remove codes with the default generic z-wave lock driver.

Parameters
number: 1-30 to identify code
string: Code
string: Friendly name to identify code used

Thanks. I was actually thinking of things like the autolock settings and the alarm settings. These are not accessible through the stock driver.

yes, that tool can be used for any zwave device

1 Like