Random things not working

yah .. someone posted that question , same thing in the forum. I agree, it is odd. If you hadn't changed it and things are disappearing, then you should report the issue. Mine are all intact and clean. I went through and made sure before I reached out. I can say that I did NOT come across that when I checked my rules. Very unique indeed.

When you have a rule with a single condition, it autofills the rule on the main page. But, if you open the rule, as you show here, nothing is there. This is normal. The rule will still work. You could make a selection of the single condition in the rule, but it isn't necessary,

1 Like

So I am having weird issues as well with automations not firing, mostly revolving around Mode Manager not working correctly.

Example: Tonight I arrived home at 5:15P, Like 360 reported me as home, yet Hubitat said I was not present. Wife leaves the house this evening and the house goes into away mode. Figured out the Life 360 refresh button, hit that which updated Hubitat to state I was present. Mode manager is still reporting mode as Away even after my wife has returned and she shoes as present as well. I have tried rebooting the hub and nothing appears to be changing the mode to the appropriate mode.

Another example, my Home - Dawn mode will fire at 5:00AM everyday, yet about 50% of the time HSM doesn't disarm like it is supposed to, other times it disarms but fails to send the command to Envisalink to disarm my DSC alarm system. When Night mode changes it is also a good chance that HSM won't arm into HOME - Stay either.

Here is one where 1 of 2 conditions is missing

Rick

The ONLY time I've seen that is when a condition is changed in some way and you didn't follow it through in the rule. But that's not what's happening in my case.There are identical topics posted covering the issue that you're mentioning.

1 Like

This is one of the first rules I created when I moved to HE like 8 months ago

Rick

I agree that it could be a concern. However; there are several identical topics covering your issue in the forums. I don't believe this pertains to the issue that we're working on. Although very interesting I'd really like to keep this on topic so that it gets solved. Disappearing conditions does not seem to be the issue here as all of my rules are confirmed to be intact.

2 Likes

Ok .. well I figured out that my fan was, in fact, working perfectly. Turns out that the temperature was triggering the fan to turn on. So ... one of many issues solved. I took the time and went through my rules to make sure that there was nothing funny going on with them. Tweaked a few. Nothing major. Added a rule. I sent my stuff over to the folks at HE to evaluate. I've heard back that they'll look at it in the morning. Fine by me. I'm exhausted from the day. Immediate attention is not warranted. We need time and interaction now. Maybe we'll see how things are running over night. Maybe something will pop up in the rule logging that I enabled per HE request. Fingers crossed that something surfaces. Anything.

4 Likes