Rainmachine integration?

You were new enough to have the change in structure so probably all good.

I just fixed a bug causing those errors - missed one situation in some refresh code changes. In general, you can change the logging level under the RainMachine App --> Advanced. You have to go through the rest of the Install steps to make that stick - its on my ToDo list to clean that up soon.

1 Like

So I was looking at the Rainmachine API, located here: RainMachine ยท Apiary And if you search for "pauseall" (I found it right after "stopall") This was where I was getting my thoughts on the ability to "Pause" and "Resume" where pauseall set to 0 "un-pauses" everything.

Anyway, keep in mind, I am not a programmer, so I may be completely wrong.

1 Like

Such quick work, thanks.

And updated via HPM...man that is such a great simplifiying addition on HE vs. ST.

Good find on pauseall - I missed that. I'll take a look at incorporating this soon!

2 Likes

I am willing to wait until Monday morning at 10 AM for the inclusion of Pauseall.

So you can take the rest of the day off, you just need to start at 5AM Monday morning and you'll be fine.

I know, it's just too gracious of me, but that's how I am.

:smiley:

1 Like

Pandemics certainly open up some free time for programming! None of that time happens at 5am though!!!!

3 Likes

Something I was wanting to do is create scenes with low volume watering and high volume watering. I can add the zones as a device but no ability to adjust the runtime setting. It defaults to the numeric value set in the device. And if that is left blank, the default value in RainMachine.

So I tried in Rule Machine and what is interesting is I can use the valve as a trigger if it is set to say 20 minutes. So rule machine does seem to see the variable. There does not seem to be any way for me to adjust duration if the valve is what I want to be triggered however.

Let's make sure I understand this - Do you want to be able to change the runtime for all of the Zones in a Program? Or are you trying to start a single Zone for a given amount of Time?

Better late than never...Pause/Resume added to Zone's now.

2 Likes

Lucky for you I was busy this morning and didn't realize you were "late!!!"

:smiley: :wink:

Really cool addition. To thank you I will stop by your place w/a jug of water and water some of your plants for free. To set my program all you have to do is yell at me (it works for my wife). :wink:

Thanks!

Ideally, set a runtime for each zone. Just like I could set a separate dim level for each bulb in a scene.

Configuring a set time to every Zone would not be practical as the areas are substantially different.

I just pushed an update that adds a "Water Now" command to the zone. this takes a duration as its argument and starts that zone for that long. with this, you could basically build your own Program in Rule Machine I think. It should look like this:

2 Likes

The other approach you could take here is to build 2 separate programs in Rain Machine for the low volume and high volume days. You can then use Rule machine to start either of these Programs.

2 Likes

Sometimes the most obvious and simplest solutions escape me.

Edit: Often...

1 Like

@brad2 - Getting these entries repeated regularly in my logs, just wanted to make sure this was normal. I'm new to Hubitat and don't know what's expected in logs.

Thanks.

[app:70](http://192.168.20.2/logs/past#app70)2020-08-10 08:35:37.927 pm [debug](http://192.168.20.2/installedapp/configure/70)zone result: [zones:[[uid:1, name:Zone 1- North side slope top, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:0, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:2, name:Zone 2 - North side slope bottom, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:0, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:3, name:Zone 3 - Front yard left + Cam hedge, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:0, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:4, name:Zone 4 - Front yard garage side, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:0, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:5, name:Zone 5 - Front yard right, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:0, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:6, name:Zone 6 - Back yard slopes, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:8, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:7, name:Zone 7 - Back yard slope top, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:8, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:8, name:Zone 8 - Lawn 1, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:8, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:9, name:Zone 9 - Lawn 2, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:8, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:10, name:Zone 10 - Roses, lower bubblers behind Bball, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:8, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:11, name:Zone 11 - Fruit tree bubblers, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:8, master:false, waterSense:false], [uid:12, name:Zone 12, state:0, active:true, userDuration:0, machineDuration:0, remaining:0, cycle:0, noOfCycles:0, restriction:false, type:1, master:false, waterSense:false]]]

Yes that looks pretty normal. You can reduce the number of log messages by changing the Logging level to Info instead of Debug. This is under Advanced in the App Main Screen.

1 Like

I saw this last night and couldn't play with it until tonight! I'll let you know how it goes.

@brad2 This is working great! But you have to remember watering time is in minutes and Pauseall is in seconds

Now when we open the garage door the front yard pauses and can pause the back when we need to let the dog out!

Wife thinks I've lost it... But I' wont have to hear "Would you turn off the sprinklers for a minute, while I ..."

Again thank you for this!

3 Likes

Is anyone using any external moisture sensors on their Rainmachine? Thinking about adding something like that to my setup (Rainmachine Touch HD-12) to monitor a few different planting areas and water automagically when they are dry.