Rachio Irrigation Rule

Can anyone show me an example of a rule they have that turns on valves, with a set time, for each valve, that works. I have tried a few ways but none have worked. I don't use the app for any zone control just a rule. Thanks

Here is what I have as the latest.

Wow, is there no one that uses the Rachio?

If not, then can someone tell me if the rule above would work using the custom attributes? Does startZone need an entry in the parenthesis using a String? Perhaps whatever the Zone is like Zone 1, Zone 2, etc.?

I have a Rachio but havenā€™t installed it yet. Can you share what happens with the example above?

I certainly will but it won't fire up until 8 PM. I changed the rule after 8 AM so I will have to wait. Too hot right now and we have daytime restrictions. I will let you know as soon as it runs.

1 Like

I have a Rachio connected to a Tempest Weather Station. The controller uses a Flex schedule based on the weather so it constantly changes. Other than turning on a zone when motion is detected to scare away an animal, I don't see the value of adding it to Hubitat.

1 Like

@Sebastien Okay I got it to work. The pic above uses startZone() and I wasn't sure what to put in the parenthesis. I'm sure someone else does. The rule above did not work at 8PM so I went to the device page for one of the valves. I noticed that it had two selections of ON and OFF. I created a rule using those to turn On and Off the valves as a switch. See below. This rule does work and ran through each valve last night successfully. Hope this helps if you plan to use HE as a controller.

1 Like

I would probably use the App as well if I had a Tempest PWS. But that is down the road. The App and the Rachio Controller have a lot of built-in capabilities that are impressive. Maybe someday.

I have a Rachio and have it connected to Hubitat, but I use a Flex Daily schedule in the app. Until recently, the only rule I had was to send a setRainDelay(1) on Friday morning because I mow on Fridays and I didn't want the grass to be wet. Now I just skip Friday in the Interval in the Flex Daily schedule in the app.

Why do you want to use Hubitat to manage the schedule and not the app?

Up until now I hadn't thought about using the App, so used to making a rule. I am going to take a closer look at the App. Thanks

1 Like

I use the Rachio app for normal watering but I have a bunch of rules setup so I can manually run any zone or group manually via Alexa. Do you still have questions or you got everything working. Itā€™s been over a year since I worked with this but I can dig back in to see what I did or just share rules with you.

Thanks Steve. At this point it appears that all is working using the app. I also have some simple rules to tell me when the cycle starts and stops. What I wish I could set up is a rule (speech, pushover) that tells me if rachio senses a bad valve or anything else it is capable of sensing. An example would be if it shut down watering because of wind or rain that it would let you know.
More than likely that is not available to do.

1 Like

The Rachio app does this. To access the options go into the app and select Account > Notifications > Sprinkler controller.

1 Like

I have been trying to access my PWS but I am having trouble getting it into ambient..net. Been a while since I tried so not sure the steps to take. One of these days I hope. I just looked at the Controller notifications. I had no idea it did all of those things. Thanks for the reply.