Rachio Integration - polling for status

I notice that Hubitat does not get status updates from Rachio. For example, if Rachios built in schedule turns on a zone, Hubitat does not know it's current status. I noticed that the main "Device" that is created in Hubitat for the controller has a "poll" button, and after hitting it, Hubitat does know the current status.

So, I went to Rule Machine to create an automation that polls Rachio every 6 minutes for status, but I can't figure it out. When Rule Machine asks for capability for the action, "Poll" is not an option and I can't seem to find anything in "Custom Actions" that allows me to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had to do the same thing for mine. Are you using it to control devices or to control valves. If you're controlling valves, I actually set mine for every minute, because, in your example, if a zone starts within the 6 minutes, you won't get a full water.

I'll try and get you a copy of my rule later.

1 Like

That would be awesome if you don't mind posting it. I'm still stumped.

Since my zones only run in the morning I added an expression to only poll in the morning.

1 Like

Thanks. It must have been late the first time I tried. I thought I had looked thoroughly and couldn't find the action "POLL". I was assuming it was buried somewhere in Custom Actions or something. You post this, I look again, and hey there it is, "polling" as an action. I feel silly.

Thanks for posting this. I needed it to find the thing right in front of my face.

1 Like

Glad to help. Hope it works out for you!