Rachio Hubitat integration - why?

yeah, I only need it for 2-3 weeks and then I go back to auto schedule. When I first started with my Raccio it didn't support running 4 times in 1 day.

1 Like

I've talked to @JustinL about allowing us to rename the zones from "Rachio - Zone 1" to just "Zone 1". Then I can easily tell Alexa to water a particular zone if needed.

That said, your idea of the stray dog reminds me of the guy by my parents' house that had a motion detector connected to a lone sprinkler that would turn on anytime anyone walked in front of his house. I also had friend who lived near an area that had regular firework displays, and he came home one day to find people sitting in folding chairs on his front lawn! That would be a GREAT reason to tell Alexa to "turn on Zone 1". :smiley:

That said, my wife is loving our new Rachio with weather delays. We get high winds once in awhile, and it's turned off the watering on those days without us having to lift a finger. :+1:

1 Like

you could get some soil moisture sensors and use that as a trigger to activate watering

you can rename anything in the Alexa App, and Alexa will acknowledge the name change

No, the Rachio app forces them back to the original names. Try it and see.

1 Like

One thing that comes to mind. If you have any sort of automation that will close windows / garage doors, I could see an integration allowing the Rachio to effectively announce that is it about to water, close the windows and garage doors, wait until that is done, and then start watering...

Centralized reporting.

Tie it into alert actions in security and drench intruders as they flee.

I'm sure there are other reasons to do the integration, and to avoid the integration...

I'm still using battery operated Orbit timers so I am a long ways off of going Rachio at this time.

1 Like

that stinks. i don't have a rachio, but do enjoy being able to remove certain words in alexa to make my voice commands more fluid

He said he'd fix it in the next update. Should be an easy fix. :slight_smile:

[EDIT]

Crap...I actually read every word this time. You're right! I didn't think of that.

[EDIT]

Nope.....forgot.....I tried that before, and I couldn't even rename them in the app.

Ha, just happened to see this as you typed it. Does this mean you don't need that change anymore?

Actually, I just tried it, and remembered that I tried it before and it didn't work. When I hit the Settings cog, the screen goes blank. Never seen that before.

I have a button near by back door (It's my easiest trigger...). a quick double tap of that after my dog does his business and comes in, and the back yard gets a couple minutes of water to neutralize the urine. you could certainly use another trigger but that way I know for sure that it's not going to get triggered and blast the wife or visitors.

1 Like

I still laugh at @lewis.heidrick’s post about turning on his sprinkler when a certain neighbor tries to allow her dog to take a deuce by his truck :joy:

4 Likes

I use Rachio together with Flume to check for leaks or broken sprinklers. Whenever Rachio is watering, a rule compares the water usage for the last minute as reported by Flume against the normal water use of that zone.

To determine the normal water use I had to measure once for every zone by simply running the sprinklers and checking Flume's history.

2 Likes

Need a quick Yea or Nay: Is the Hubitat integration local. I understand theres a cloud integration but if I want to control it locally (no internet) can I?

Thank you all for your imagination and persistence.

It's still a cloud integration. The integration simply makes it's calls to Rachio's cloud API

Absolutely zero local control?

Nope

Rachio doesn’t have a local API.

Copy that. Thank you.