RA2 Select or Smart Bridge Pro

Update: Fulfilled

Long shot, but I’m looking for either a Lutron RA2 Select Bridge or a Smart Bridge Pro.

Anyone in Canada or willing to ship to Canada? I can already pay the $250 from an eBay seller. I’m looking for a deal! :wink:

Anyone selling?

Not sure how much of a 'deal' this one is to you, but this seller does ship to Canada. Seems a little better than the $250 you mentioned above.

Thanks!

Try Kijiji.ca. I have had luck there. You will only get deals on Caseta, RA2 is over priced and over rated in my opinion. You want the HUB PRO not the HUB for Hubitat.

1 Like

Thanks. I have a Smart Bridge Pro 2 now, but included it in the sale of my house. Looking for a replacement, but don’t care about the HomeKit capabilities (never used them in 4 years of ownership).

RA2 Select is more than I “need”, but the ability to add some RA2 capable Maestro devices would be a welcome bonus for the right price. :wink:

1 Like

The PRO2 version of the SmartBridge really isn't optional these days, as the prior version of the SmartBridge Pro (sans HomeKit) can no longer be successfully registered on the Lutron site/app. Thus, the Pro2 is the way to go for a new Caseta setup.

Just be aware that the RA2 Select will not work with the lower cost Caseta switches, dimmers, and fan controllers. Pico remotes are the only devices that work across all of the Lutron product lines. I believe RA2 Select requires Radio RA2 switches and dimmers. If you're going to go in that direction, I would strongly encourage you to pick up a used Radio RA2 Main Repeater instead of the RA2 Select. The full Radio RA2 system offers a lot more capability and flexibility.

3 Likes

Yup. Including the ability to choose the radio frequency used. RA2 Select doesn’t support that, while the main repeater does.

This is important if later on there is a need to have two ClearConnect networks running with the intention of avoiding radio contention issues with Pico remotes and hardwired Caséta/Maestro switches (borrowing an idea described a while back by @mike.maxwell).

1 Like

Thanks guys. Yeah, I had intended to go all RA2, but after a test have found that my old Insteon dimmers work really well with the dimmable LED ceiling lights that I put into my home for sale. I've fallen for my Insteon dimmers again! $60 CAD for quality dimmers that have programmable ramp rates and dim level memory.

So I'm downgrading what I wanted from Lutron. Pico HE integration will be a must-have in my new home, Caséta dimmers are a no go for me, and RA2 Maestro are a bonus if I can use them, but not a necessity. I only have one Caséta fan controller, so no love lost there. I'll resell that if needed or just toss it in a drawer.

2 Likes

why is that?

Cannot set the ON level. Always turns on full brightness when you press ON. Insteon can and as you know RA2 can.

1 Like

That would be nice, I agree!

I got around this by using the ELV dimmers (which include favorite setting), then setting the favorite level to the minimum level. Then set up a level by mode rule, or auto dimmer (in our public repo now), then instruct users to turn on via favorite button...

3 Likes

You will pay $120+ for a single RA2 dimmer.

I have few Insteon installations left. I am switching them over to Caseta if the customers want. Hubitat does not work well with Insteon.

In Canada, I buy all my Lutron stuff from Montreal Lighting:
https://www.montreallighting.com/products/lutron-caseta-wireless-smart-bridge-pro?_pos=64&_sid=fd7e8488a&_ss=r

Might want to check out Toronto Lighting as well:
https://torontolightingsupply.com/product/lutron-smart-bridge-pro-120v/

Wondering what this is, and means.

Thanks. I am aware of that fact.

I respectfully disagree. I have been using this integration for many years. It works very well.

2 Likes

its a software application that's not included in our hub distribution but is available to add manually if desired.
It's located in out public gethub repo along with other example code.

I have to give that a try. I am assuming this works with the Insteon Hub or it its the ISY (which is what I tend to use)?

Correct. And AFAIK, a specific subset of model numbers.