Question Regarding Hubduino IDE installation

@ogiewon

Hi, I'm setting up my Arduino in anticipation of receiving a HiLetgo New Version ESP8266 NodeMCU LUA CP2102 ESP-12E.

My question: Do I need to load all the child devices onto Hubitat? Or just the ones I plan on using. I was thrown by the description "Split ST and Hubitat Child Drivers"

While I'm at it, Will each sensor require its own IP address? I realized any address's must be reserved in the router table. It seems like it would have to.

Thanks
John

It is best to load all of the HUBITAT child drivers. You won’t need the ThingShield parent. ST_Anything/HubDuino/Drivers at master · DanielOgorchock/ST_Anything · GitHub

Each micro-controller will need its own IP address, defined in the sketch. One micro controller can support many sensors devices.

@ogiewon,

Thanks, I'm still at the step open "ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi" and I am getting the below error. Seems all the "Dx" were not declared. Any suggestions?

I apologize if I provided too much info.

Thanks
John

C:\Users\john\Documents\Arduino\ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi\ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi.ino: In function 'void setup()':

ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi:92: error: 'D7' was not declared in this scope

#define PIN_TEMPERATURE_1 D7 //SmartThings Capabilty "Temperature Measurement" (Dallas Semiconductor DS18B20)

^

And my folder structures are:

in Library Manager:
SmartThingsESP8266WiFi Version unknown INSTALLED

Library Structure:
lib://Documents/Arduino/libraries

Program structure:
lib://Documents/Arduino/ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi

Local Arduino Resource structure:
C:\Users\jack\AppData\Local\Arduino15

Sketch Structure:
lib://Documents/Arduino/ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi

Pick the NodeMCU v1.0 board under the ESP8266 section

Great! :smile:
Now all I have to do is get the board (a few days).

I apologize, I haven't looked into this yet, but as long as I'm replying, what resources does ST_Anything consume? Is there a UART available?

Thanks again!

John

You’re wanting to use Serial communications on the NodeMCU board? What device do you want to communicate with?

The ST_Anything library does not currently support any serial devices that I can recall. This is not to say that you can’t add additional devices.

If you explain what your objectives are, I’d be happy to asssist.

@ogiewon,

Thank you for the offer. Right now I was thinking of possible topologies , my current project can use two digital pins.

Right now I'm looking forward to my first successful connection.

John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.