Question on supported IKEA bulbs

I am looking at some of the IEKA smart home products, in part because of their reasonable price. The only bulb I see listed is a E14 bulb which doesn't appear to be available in the US.
Has any one tried any of the IKEA bulbs ?

Thanks,
Ron

Yes, the E12 candelabra bulb worked great with Hubitat.
I think they're on the "good list" of bulbs that act as repeaters.
I could be way off and they should be only joined to a Hue hub.

It was on the edge of the network, and it worked well.

1 Like

I have both E14 and GU10s (14 in total). I’ve had no issues with them, in fact they’ve been excellent connected to HE. Much better than they were when connected to ST or Hue, they dropped a lot on both.

But no complaints on HE.

2 Likes

Anyway to bind two Ikea E12 bulbs together to turn off and on same time with a virtual switch???

@leeonestop

Add the built-in app "Groups and Scenes". Then create a group with both the E12 bulbs in it. Enable zigbee group messaging. Here's what it looks like.

33%20PM

Create a virtual switch and use a rule to control the group with the virtual switch.

1 Like

Thanks I was just looking that.

1 Like

I have tested 3 of them here in Aus, 2 paired and 1 wont
(by wont, I mean the top two pair with my Hue Hub, but the bottom one didnt but might pair with the HE directly)
This one works

This one works

This one doesnt

@aaiyar Thanks for the info it work like a charm. I brought some light bulbs with the E12 base and my light fixture has two or three bulbs each in them and wanted to find a way to turn off and on all at the same time work good. I like the price and they pair right away no problem. This is my first purchase from Ikea and I like them anyhow thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for reviving an old topic.
I'm planning to get IKEA TradFri LED Bulb E27 600 lumens from AUS store too; did you say that yours did not work with Hubitat hub (but works with Philips Hue hub instead)?

I would only pair ikea bulbs to a hue hub and not straight to the hub as I found the ikea hubs as bad repeaters which stuffed my system around.
If you need a cheap hue hub I have one sitting here in a draw.

Anybody can confirm about the support for LED bulb E27 600 lumen, wireless dimmable?

I have my Ikea Bulbs on Hue Hub, but I notice that when I change Scenes so that it affects IKEA bulbs' light warmth and brightness, it only does one of those things. It is not a problem with Hue lightbulbs. I tried connecting an IKEA bulb directly to Hubitat, but it still has the same problem. Does anyone else have the same problem? My current solution is to have rules that activate the scene twice. However, I am looking for a more elegant solution.

So I discovered how to fix this issue - when Ikea Tradfri are connected to Hue Hub.
I was able to fix this issue by changing the scenes fading time to 0. For some reason, anything bigger causes them to fail. My Ikea lightbulbs are paired directly to the Hue hub. I was able to reduce the fading time by using 'All 4 Hue' app and then going to scenes, edit (by clicking on a scene, clicking on "Upgrade stored..." in "Lights configuration", and changing the number to 0. You have to change every scene individually.

Hi, can you tell me how to pair an IKEA TRADFRI LED E12 with Hubitat Hub. I tried to connect with Zigbee but Hubitat does not recognized the bulb ?

Thanks