Qubuino relay dropped off zwave network

This Zwave module was working fine for a couple of years. It controls our back porch light. It quit responding to commands. I have tried to exclude it (apply power to relay, exclued on hubitat, flip first relay switch 3 times in 3 seconds. Rub your belly and tap your head 3 times. Have tried that several times with no luck. Any ideas how to replace this or repair it?

I don't know if I can help BUT I have a Qubino dual relay that went unresponsive. Literally 2 hours ago I did a Replace on it, successfully. It took 3 attempts, related to my skill at flipping switch 1 the right number and at the correct speed. Once I did it slow enough for the tiny processor internal to the relay to detect BUT fast enough to be done in 3 seconds, AND 3 cycles (starting from On, do off-on-off-on-off-on) replace worked. I usually start out too fast, then miss count and finally get it right. :smiley:

You may be onto something. Timing of the on-off cycles. Tried Zwave exclude a few times more and saw removing Back Porch light.

But I still see this in Zwave details.

There is only one Qubino entity, not the master and two relays. If I hit repair I see:
Z-Wave Repair
Stage: Idle
Finished Z-Wave Network Repair
Failed Nodes: 2E

Is is safe to remove from Zwave now?

I prefer, for myself, that I use REPLACE whenever possible. I'm already annoyed enough with having a device that quits, without also having to do all the In-Use moves too. :slight_smile:

I happen to have a few Aeon Z-Stick and I press and hold on the big button til it starts pulsing Amber. Then I practice the device Exclude clicks/pushes dance. The Aeon Z-Stick pulses Blue when it's been excluded. I can do this dozens of times til I get my fingers used to the requirements. :smiley: The Z-Stick is not joined to any of my actual Hubs and so none of my hubs get informed of the exclude. The Hub still believes it can manage the device. I then click Refresh and when the Replace button appears, I click that and perform the clicks/pushes dance. The Hub tells me that Replace is stopped and the device is controllable once again.

This morning I didn't practice by using the Aeon Z-Stick and it took 3 attempts. Same result, the device is back to 100% working.

I did that and paired it again to zwave. Everything working again. Wondering if there is a problem with these Qubino Relays. I have a Zooz relay on a bath fan that hasn't been in service as long. Will watch that one and see if it goes out before this Qubino does (if it does).

I am leaning the same way BUT I've used 3 vendors over the years and it's just those locations that fall off. I have used Aeon (single relay), Qubino and Enerwave. I'm drifting towards it being just a corner cut in the design... the physical space is ultra tight and I'm thinking they left off 1-2 components that prevent power spikes from erasing the Z-chip's memory.

For me, it's been just those tiny modules and it's independent of manufacturer and it's probably nearly once a year they drop off.

Maybe but this one is in the same room as the Hubitat. Maybe 20ft away with nothing in between. But I get what you are saying about a power spike maybe taking it off the zwave network.

I oddity. This Qubino device show up and can be controlled from devices page. They do not show up in Zwave settings. Either in Zwave details or zwave graph. Should I be concerned about this since they are Zwave devices? I have rebooted hub and that didn't change anything. Before they were both in Zwave detail and the zwave graph. I have run Zwave repair and it still doesn't show in either zwave details or graph. The device does show the zwave info.