Qubino z-wave plus flush 1 relay module

Anyone have experience with this? I have an application that I want to know if it will work. Thanks in advance.

I'm using Qubino Flush 1, Flush 2 and Flush Dimmer (regular and 0-10v).
EU versions. I have no issues besides that the hubitat qubino flush dimmer driver is a bit bad at reporting current state to the dashboard.. The flush 1 drivers however has no issues at all.

I have Flush 2 and Flush 1D on 120v using native HE drivers and working well.

Flush 1 relay (US, 120v) working great for me, am a fan.

What's the application you're thinking of?

I have an older style fluorescent tube light fixture w/ballast in my Kitchen that I would like to automate, like all my other lights. Do you think this could be put inside the housing (plenty of room I think) and just wire it in. Then just leave the wall switch on or disable it completely. There is no neutral at the switch but inside the fixture I could get it. I have mostly Zigbee stuff but I do have Zwave Locks and two repeaters. I also thought of the metal which will be at the top of the fixture but I do have a Zwave repeater below it in the same room, the Kitchen. Probably 10 feet max. What ya think?

Wow, that is unfortunate to not have a neutral in the switch box ... sounds like your proposal might work, I'm no expert though.

I'm guessing you have no Lutron Caseta in the house at this point? :slight_smile:

House was built in 72. Some neutrals in some newer remodeled areas. I do not have Lutron

well, I'm just some guy on the internet lol ... but in your shoes I admit it'd be tempted to do what you suggest. After removing the old switch and hard wiring the line to the load inside the wall box, rather than blank it off I'd be tempted to install a zigbee remote (with decora wallplate). Then folks could still use what looks like a form of wall switch but what is secretly just buttons triggering rules.

Hopefully someone more sensible than me will chime in with why this might be a bad idea :smile:

That's a good idea! Thanks

I used a Sonoff switch in the light, combined with an aqara button. Together cost under 20 bucks, but you have to leave the switch on all the time. Or just remove the switch, connect wires together, then use a blank plate to cover the switch, and user command strip to stick button to front of blank plate.
The Sonoff will require flashing new firmware, but it's not hard to do.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.