Qubino temp sensor probe DH?

I've seen a few question but has anyone got any of the Qubino's working with the temp sensor probe. I'm wanting to monitor some pipes in the garage and I'm currently using a rudimentary setup with just a temp sensor in the garage itself and a zigbee outlet. I'm think the qubino thermostat with the probe under the heat tape so I know exactly what temp is going on under there. The wattage monitor would be nice for keeping tabs on the health of the tape....

Mains powered is why I'd like to use this without more AC/DC converters/etc. Thinking to just mount the Qubino in a plastic work box with an outlet and a switch in it with a pigtail to plug into the wall. Then just hang that on the wall near the pipe.

but..is there any support on HE for this module?

I have a couple of the 1D Relay ones controlling my fireplaces and recently added the temp sensors to add another safety layer (turn them off if too hot)...

They work fine using @ericm's drivers but after the temp sensor is connected, you'll need to exclude / re-included the Qubino device for the temp sensor to be recognized by the driver:

2 Likes

@ericm thinking the "thermostat" can't be much different than the single relay... Looks like it has the ability to turn on the relay or use a switch. I think it's just a single relay device that comes with the probe.

EDIT: I retract that. Looks like it actually works like a thermostat with a setpoint, etc. Interesting. I don't really need that...just a switch and a temp probe. I'll have to compare Eric's code with the Qubino thermostat smartthings DH.

I have one of the Qubino Flush 1 relays out in my shed. It's hooked up to turn on/off the lights along with the wall switch connected to it. I do also have the temp probe attached as well. I use that temp to turn on/off a small gable fan to keep it cooler on hot days using RM. Works great for me using @ericm driver for it. If you need a dry contact relay, you'll want the Flush 1D relay although that one does not monitor power. Also, as @gparra says above, if you add the temp probe later, you will need to exclude/include the device in order to see the temp.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.