Qubino Shutter Module does not work

Hi all,

I'm new to Hubitat, literally a week. So far I have only succeded pairing a cheap Chinese switch with the generic driver.
I tried also a Fibaro Roller Shuter 3, with no success (here) and a Fibaro Double Switch 2, with limited success (here).

So I looked at the list of compatible devices and saw the Qubino Flush Shutter and bought one, and it does not work either.

The device is recognized, but when I click "Save preferences" in the device page, I get this into the logs:

Changes aren't saved. Not only this, it does nothing when clicking on the device page buttons:
Untitled2.

The wall switch works though, althoug the logs say it's uncalibrated:
Untitled3

Anyone who can help? I bought this device because it's supported...

PD: I bought the ZMNHCD1 (EU version) while the supported device is the ZMNHCD3 (US version). I'm assuming the issue is not because of this.

I did some more testing and got it to work by setting the secure join to only Locks /Garage Doors.

Hi,

I intend buying Qubino ZMNHCD1 (EU version) to try as 'variety' as I have already successfully installed 3 pcs of Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 and they work fine.

So far I have never used a Qubino device.

I understand that you managed to get the above working.

In this regard, could you you please advise if all the functions work properly? Also have you tried the Rule Machine with this device? Does that work?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

hi @ssp06190,

I never got the fibaro shutter 3 to work fine, that's when I move to qubino.

Qubino did not work at the beginning until I set secure join to "only Locks /Garage Door". Since then, it works very well.

I have 5 shutters and in the last 3 months I have to recalibrate one of them twice. It a very high/long shutter, easily 5m height, so it could be because of this. Nothing else. For me this is more than acceptable :-). I had also some coverage issues (not sure I don't have them any more), so it could have been because of that.

I have set up scenes and RM (shutters close and open automatically everyday) and no problems other than the re-calibration I mentioned before and I had to reset once one of the modules.

Good luck, and please share your results!

(I'm also using the EU version)

Hi @imbeta

Thanks very much for your feedback which well noted.

Yes indeed I will share my results after purchasing and installing.

:+1:

Hi imbeta ,

I did purchase and installed my first Qubino product i.e. the flush shutter and it works fine :smile:
I also set up Simple Automation in order to open and close partially at different times and this also works... :+1:

HI All,

I am newbe for Hubitat, literally playing with that for about 2weeks now. I was able to get connect several NeoCool switches, and Zigbee plugs. But my primary intention to purchase this was to control shutters in our new house. I have purchased Fibaro Roller Shutter 3, and Qubino Flush Shutter as both highly recommended and supported devices over HE forum.
I managed to get work Fibaro, TBH still need to figure out some points but I have Open/Close working perfectly.
On the other side Qubino makes me headache.
When I connecting to Basic Z-wave tool driver. I am able to get calibration procedure. But that's it. So I am sure unit is able to communicate to shutter.
But when I am switching to Qubino Shutter Module driver. I get nothing out of it, no movements at all, even calibration routine not working for me.
Here is my log

And this is my log from Basic driver

I have already reset device and include/exclude as well few times. Same results...
I would be grateful if you can point me to some direction, as I am reading your post to set secure join to "only Locks /Garage Door". Where is this to be set?

Thanks

Sorry to hear, they work perfectly on my set up.

This is how I have the secure join, you can find it in Z-Wave details:

I have update this as per your recommendation.
Same result....nothing
What driver do you use? Is it this one?

I'm on a C-5, in case that might be the difference:

Using the Shutter Module:

I never used the Basic Z-wave tool driver, I can calibrate with the default system driver, could that be the issue?
I suggest you do a factory reset and use the Qubino driver withouth the Basic Z-wave tool driver.

1 Like

It works!! Great.

BTW, my hub is same as yours C-5. (2.2.4.158)

Many thanks for tips!!!

1 Like

Happy to help

Hi,

Can you please advise how you can reach the Secure Join?

I tried looking for this in the Z-Wave details but cannot see it.

I have the following screen after clicking on the Z-Wave details -

Thanks!

Forgot to mention above -

My hub details are -

Hub Details

Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version

Hardware Version

Rev C-7

Sorry I missed this. I have a C5, I don't know where to find that setting in a C7.