Putting live video from (almost) any webcam/ip camera into your dashboard

For some reason - I cannot edit this once I create it. I added the code to the drivers (untouched) - added a device - gave it my BI URL camera feed - saved it - but found adding a blank image tile with the URL works too. But now when I go into edit these devices I've created, I cannot as the page never loads. It just spins... how do I delete them or change them?

Edit - I was able to disable them, and then I could open them and delete them.

Use a sub-stream for 'icon/tile level stuff' sending HD to a dashboard thats not in full screen is a heavy load. I have multiple substreams for different needs. Setting the framerate low is best for minimizing the stream, but also removing the audio and using best compression for the need can really optimize without the need for VLANS, seperate networks etc.
EG; A framerate of 10 or 15 still gives usefulness. I set my icons to use main stream when the icon is pushed. Another trick is to condense multiple images into a single feed. For example set 4 cameras to display in a 4 corner layout then display the aggregate. I use a BlueIris server to create a layout then pull from it via its web interface.

1 Like

I use tinycam, and I see my webcam from the app, when I hit serverweb, it doesn't open any page, so I can't put it in hubitat, any idea what I can do?

Toggling that button simply turns the webserver of tinyCam on or off. You need to put the appropriate url for that camera into your dashboard image tile

The link is something like this, as per the first post in this thread....

http(s)://your_tinyCam_webserver_ip:your_tinyCam_webserver_port/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?user=blah&pwd=blahdeblah&camera=1&resolution=320x240

An example from my system is as follows:

http://192.168.1.xxx:8083/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?user=admin&pwd=mypassword&camera=1&resolution=320x240

The webserver ip and port details are shown directly under the webserver toggle in the menu.

By the way, I discovered I could run tinyCam directly on my Sony Android TV and it works incredibly well. The background mode works even when the TV is in standby which was a real surprise.

If I give the web server I get the page but when I open it sends me to 192.168.31.128:8080, and when I open that, I do not get anything in google, did you install iframe directly? or directly put image and that's it? Where does user & pwd put your username and password and in mypassword again the password?

So what is my supposed link to my camera, what is crossed out is my password, my username is admin, is it okay? it follows me without coming out at all

Neat - how did you get the app installed? Is it available on the google tv playstore or sideloaded?

that doesn't look right to me.

...syntax http://URL/video3.mjpg?user=uuuu&pw=pppp works well!
The command syntax for cameras usually is user= and pw= with an & in between. I could be wrong but the structure of what you have blanked doesn't look correct.
A good way to check is to look at ODM at the line at the bottom if I recall correctly.
you can also simply simulate in a browser until you 'pick the lock' by trying combo's till it gets correct.

The strange thing is that I put in my browser bar I put the address with the port and it does not open anything, and I have seen people who open the tinycam camera from the browser putting the address and the port, I am going crazy

An old solution (many browsers didn't support rtsp calls back in the day) was to use VLC. If you have not heard of it, it is a very nice video display application that will allow playback of streams from a url, (and soooo much more).
Push your string into it instead as a way of testing further. it also has a good logging capability to help diagnosis.

Just a note.
You are using the IP of your tinycam server and not the actual IP of your camera right?

Yeah straight from the Android TV app store. Installed and then you can use the TV remote to navigate around the UI. I was amazed it works so well.

1 Like

Think of all that TV computing capacity sitting unused........ better than trying to use an old phone!

1 Like

Ha ha ha your url is messed up. You've blanked out the standard bit and left in "mypassword" as your password. It has to be as I've shown it. "....pwd=" then whatever your password is. Obviously don't use the text "mypassword" :joy:

? There is no need for any iframe. Please read the opening posts to this thread. Just use the image tile in the dashboard and stick the correct url for your camera into the background of the tile.

You can also test the url in any browser. Once you've got that url formatted correctly it will display the webcam in the browser, served out by your tinyCam webserver. It will look something like this (note you can also change the numbers for the resolution in the url too ok, to suit what image quality/size you want) ...

Using a browser first is a good way to test your url because if the password is incorrect tinyCam will request you to enter your username and password. Then it will display as per the image above.