Pushover load?

My Pushover device in stats seems quite high. What do you think?

Totl ms 20,969
Count 4
Avg ms 5,242
% busy 12.1
% of totl0.043
State size 4

0.043% of total isn't very high in my opinion (and that matters more than percent of busy in case your hub isn't very busy in total), but if your hub hasn't been up for very long or you don't use Pushover notifications much, it could be a bit on the high side, and a 5.2-second average execution time does seem a bit on the long side (unless maybe it uses the non-async HTTP calls, but why?). I don't use Pushover so can't compare it to anything. But if you aren't actually having problems, nothing looks necessarily concerning to me there.

Here are the stats for my Pushover devices. These are amongst my least 'busy' devices on my main hub. Your average execution times do seem pretty high, compared to mine.

4 occurrences doesn't seem like enough to draw any conclusions in my opinion.

Imagine if one hung for 15 seconds because your internet connection hiccuped. It would make them all (and even the total % depending on your total uptime) look much worse.

I'd send a few more pushover notifications if I were you. Are they quick? Do they drive down the average quickly? Or are they actually taking 5s each?

First, Im in my home in China. Everything goes through a VPN.
I don't want to put stress on my hub just for a pushover notification frankly. If my numbers are showing a high workload on my hub, I'll delete it without much loss.
That's why I was asking.

I think a key nuance is that the numbers seem high for what it is doing, but they're not high in general IMHO.

0.043% of total uptime is really small in the big picture. I'll bet it is waiting for a synchronous response and the round-trip is just really long due to your network and VPN setup.

If it were me, I'd ignore it unless you notice performance issues or some other concern.

2 Likes

Correct. My original Pushover driver (which Hubitat used as the baseline for the built-in one), does indeed rely on synchronous httpPost() calls. Here in the USA, those calls have been very fast.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.