Push Notifications to app?

I don't have an iPhone so I have no idea how to resolve that issue.

After multiple iterations I finally got it to work. Don't ask me why or how exactly. I can only guess that maybe it took awhile for the new user added to my hub to actually get added.
Thanks for your help and suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, for some reason I wasn't getting notifications on my wifes phone even though it was in my device list and being using under HSM. I removed the app and device, then reinstalled and "created a device" again when prompted by the he app. Presto notification are now working.

2 Likes

Excellent :+1:

So assuming the mobile app didn't do this, how do we do it after the fact? The Android mobile app just installed and let me sign into it. I see no device for it on the HE Devices page and see zero info on the app from my HE.

I am like the original poster... what is the mobile app supposed to do other than show me a map with a circle around for geofencing? The documentation on the mobile app does not seem to have any info on how to setup notifications. I would share the page I am reading but this site does not let me...

I finally found a video that shares how to setup the mobile device for use with a hub. And it is ANYTHING but automatic.

• Tap Settings
  • Tab Hub
  • Tap Name of your Hub
  • THEN you will see Create New Device

I wish there were wizards created with new users in mind...

Why isn't there any sound or banner notification? Going into the app to find out if there are notifications isn't exactly the best for up-to-the-second updates.

1 Like

Have you allowed the app access to notifications on your phone? It does send notifications very quickly to mine. Also do you have the virtual device setup in hubitat itself?

Yes to all the above, unfortunately.

It won't make a sound and it doesn't have any previous notifications that I could even turn off.

I will reinstall.

Reinstall still doesn't show any notification categories

I had to push a message from RuleMachine to get the category to pop up, then Push messages from webCore started working.

same is happening to me. how do I fix it?

Did you try what eventually worked for me (see my follow up post)?

if yours was the to send a geo send. no. i uninstalled the app a few times and reinstalled. the last time, i got into my phone folders and found some stuff that seemed like might have been connected to the app that was still there after the uninstall and the next time it worked. it set it up as a device automatically. all the times before it found my phone, showed it in my hub data but was not setup as a device that i could tell.