Push Button for Table Lamps?

Same here. I have one in the kitchen that is not used all that often. Couple times a month. Everytime I press it, it works. I am very happy with the Zen34.

Although I'm not using it right now, I did have a zen34 paired up with a zen16 and even got it it to directly associate. It worked fine. This thread has got me thinking about my un-connected table lamps though.

When I had it on my mesh it was approx 15 feet from the hub with a direct connection. I have just under 50 zwave devices (only one other battery operated) and it was inside the bubble with many devices on it neighbors list. Yes I did try it with a fresh set of batteries as well. Oh well, maybe it was just me. I am glad you guys are not having issues. I replaced it with a tradfri button (first one of these I bought). Beside chewing through batteries it works as expected and I ended up USB powering it.

Thanks for the suggestions! Gonna try out the Hue Smart Buttons. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Well that has just been my experience. As we all know Zwave sometimes works great for some and not for others. There are also allot of variation in how some manage their devices. I use Smartstart and let the security set what it wants to set during inclusion. All of my Zwave 700 stuff had added by default with security. It all works great, but i know allot of folks speak against letting Security even S2 be active unless the devices are certain kind of security devices and absolutely need it.

At that same time most of the time i have seen strange things with my gear was when i didn't do that.

1 Like

I substituted all Z-Wave (battery) buttons for their unreliable performance. Mostly Aeotechs.

Ikea Sonos dimmers (volume) were also discarded for their unpredictable battery behavior.

Now I mostly use Hue dimmers and Xiaomi Mi buttons. Fully reliable with no issues.

1 Like

Another vote for the Lutron Caseta Pico!

5 Likes

Sonoff SNZB-01's have been very reliable for me.
My most used one is well over 80k pushes and although not 100% I'd say it's been well over 99.9% responsive.
Still on original battery (11-12 months).
Pretty hard to find anything similar for the price around here.
The Tradfri Shortcut Button is good for price, but reliability and battery use is crap with HE atm.

2 Likes