Prusa MK4/Prusa-Link Driver

Hello everyone!

I have a Prusa MK4 printer on an isolated LAN with my C7 hub, and I was wondering if there was any interest from the community in creating either a driver for it specifically or some sort of Prusa-Link driver or app based on the web API. My primary use case would be getting notifications for events like when a print is done or the printer runs out of filament. Additionally, remotely viewing telemetry from a dashboard, or at least a snapshot of that data, would be great. There are plenty of other capabilities that the API lists like directly controlling print jobs, but those are my initial thoughts.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to help test a solution. :slightly_smiling_face:

Web API reference: Prusa-Link-Web/spec/openapi.yaml at bc157b2496874f1712165f71ac8521e5c0cb6e07 ยท prusa3d/Prusa-Link-Web ยท GitHub

1 Like

Are you offering to write a driver? If so Iโ€™d support it. I have a MK4 and love it and would welcome something like this.

I wish I had the skills to do so. I can read code well enough to decipher a decent chunk of what it's doing, and I can cut and paste bits of existing code together for very simple things, but writing something from scratch is beyond my skillset, as of now. Basically, I can be dangerous but not useful, haha.

There are octoprint integrations but that is not specific for Prusa.

1 Like