[PROJECT] Tuya ZigBee Air Sensor Driver

is there any other way to wake it up? I probably can dig out old xbee.

I do not know of another way to wake it, no. Tuya devices are not great about following ZigBee commands (they like to do their own thing) but this is very strange. The past ones I have received info on DID respond to the ReadDevice command at least with some very limited information. They never responded to much of any other request though (thus why there is no refresh command enabled or way to configure their data frequency) but were always extremely "chatty" devices about their data sampling, to the point of passing too much information to the hub (who needs to know the same data point multiple times within seconds). This one is silent... which is a completely new experience.

But it paired with the hub properly? Have you tried removing, factory resetting, then pairing it again?

Thanks for helping try to figure this out, obviously the logging is working but there is nothing from the device itself in there, just the driver.

1 Like

Hey @snell,
Iā€™m using the driver for some new seniors I bought. Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work on this one!

every think is fine?

Updated Version(s):

• TuyaAirSensor.groovy = 0.1.7

Change(s):

• Replaced driver-specific attributes "Driver Name", "Driver Version", and "Driver Status" with ones that no longer have spaces. They will be removed once Preferences are saved.
  • Correction made to ProcessEvent function.

hi,
now device with these drivers works fine. Did you test?

No specific (to this driver) testing was done as I was changing underlying code on almost every single driver I have, since I found a problem in the fundamental code I had been using for a long time.

if I understand correct after changed code you don;t have problem with too many reports to HE and Carbon Dioxide, VOC, and, Formaldehyde is also correct?

The sensor that started this (the one with Formaldehyde) died for me... so no, that was not tested.

If you are saying the driver is working better now, I will just have to say "good!"