[PROJECT] [RELEASED] Zemismart M1 - Matter Bridge for Tuya Zigbee devices [MATTER]

Also, anyone with Aqara E1 or Aqara M1 hubs willing to participate in the very early alpha tests of the custom Matter Bridge driver - please send me a DM.

1 Like

Philips Hue bridge also …

1 Like

Hi @kkossev , I recently got my hands on the Zemismart M1 hub. Currently I am only using it to control 2 Zemismart Zigbee curtain robots via a 4 button tuya wireless switch.

I initially tried using the curtain driver to pair with HE directly but I couldn't get it to work properly. Linking the M1 hub with HE hub through matter isn't giving anything useful so far.

I would like to try the custom driver and see what it does.

1 Like

Do I understand correctly that I can pair the Linptech sensor to that hub and then add it to Hubitat using Matter support?

Yes.

2 Likes

Sweet!

Hi
Just a lame question. Is it possible to connect old tuya wifi devices to this hub to use it local or are the local anyway using your routers wifi anyway?

Thanks

No, this hub is primarily a Zigbee hub that exposes Tuya Zigbee child devices to any Matter platform, including Hubitat.

2 Likes

Then what is the benefit all of these? Im seeing my tuya devices in google home anyway.

Some prefer not to have Google in there enviroment. (like me)

I like to give voice commands, which you cant do with Hubitat.

It is all about bringing full control of the Tuya Zigbee devices exposed via their Matter Bridge hub to Hubitat locally, without any Cloud dependencies.

Also, as the Tuya hub handles the specifics of the Tuya devices commands, there should be no need to make any changes to the Matter Bridge driver (once ready), so that any new Tuya devices are compatible with HE. There should be no need to write custom drivers in Hubitat.

3 Likes

Yes that is good although you are very good at writing zigbee drivers. Unfortunatelly older wifi devices cannot be brought under the hood.

@kkossev should you be needing testers, I have the Tuya Matter Gateway connected to Hubitat.

1 Like

I am looking for someone who has a SwitchBot Hub2 and is willing to help with the alpha tests of the Matter Bridge driver during the development stage.

Please send me a DM.

1 Like

Won't this cause problems in the long run with all those zigbee different?
Zigbee Hubitat, Zigbee Aqara, Zigbee Philips Hue, Zigbee Ikea, etc

1 Like

The different implementations (aka 'not following the Zigbee standards') have been a problem since the very beginning...

The Matter Bridge is just an alternative way to bring such non-standard Zigbee devices to Hubitat.

Matter Bridge is not a panacea ... A lot of Tuya (and probably Aqara) Zigbee device types are still not exposed via the bridging functionality.

2 Likes

Now I wish I had bought that hub during Black Friday… I did not because there was no matter yet… chicken-and-egg problem…

Also the reason why I haven’t bought into Switchbot yet either…

The day YoLink releases their X3 Matter bridge however, I will order it and be very interested.

1 Like

What about thread? Would that device allow thread devices to be controled by Hubitat?

I would think Thread is already supported so long as you bring it through a thread border router first ?