[PROJECT] Driver for Blink API

@darren.rockach: I will be honest, I do not know for sure. I will do my best to try to make it work, but Blink does not publish their API and (as the PIN emails lately are proving) they can change things and cause issues at will.

@zimba: Sounds like I need to double check the verification... But if it arms/disarms it is working overall. I will try to double check this weekend.

1 Like

Updated Version(s):

• BlinkAPI.groovy = 0.2.12

Change(s):

• Added additional data fields that Blink is now reporting (this was actually in the unpublished 0.2.11 version).
  • Changed the way Jobs are scheduled. As before, it sets up all the jobs (Authorize, CheckForUpdate, refresh, & DailyCheck) based on when you Save Preferences. Now it is all distinctly scheduled rather than using the "RunEvery" command for the refresh and such.
  • Similar schedule work was done for when a PIN is verified. It sets the DailyCheck in that area as well (not exactly sure why I did that but there must have been a reason at some point).
  • Minor changes to log messages in a couple spots. Probably not noticeable under just about any circumstances.

Different Topic(s):

• Did the 2FA setup. The only noticeable change when I authorized my Hubitat device was that the PIN came as a text message and not as an email.
1 Like

Thanks for the continued support.
How do you set up 2fa in the blink app, is it just a case of providing a telephone number?

yes, just add your phone nr :slight_smile:

As @zimba said, just enter the phone number. It would be nice if there was a bit more about it in the app and not just the original email but that really is all there is to it. So it is one of the most painless implementations I have seen so far.

New user question.. How do I get the driver to update - I am still on the 2.8 version but have loaded the 2.12 version?

Thanks

If you have the 0.2.12 loaded in your user drivers, then it should update the version number the next time it does a daily update check or when it performs a refresh. But even without the number showing, it will actually be running whatever is last saved in the driver code window.

Thank you, I'll check tomorrow sometime and see if the device shows the correct version #

Hi @snell It looks like the 2.12 version now shows correctly but does this look right ? My camera shows 'Disarmed' but the switch is on? I have a rule that disarms the system when activity is detected in the morning but this am nothing triggered, could this anomaly be an issue?

Cheers

The switch is "on" because Motion Detection Enabled = true. Camera's are on/off based on motion detection. MiniCameras are on/off based on Armed/Disarmed (because they cannot have their motion detection turned on/off via the API apparently).

Thanks for the explanation

No problem. Better to ask to be sure, right? I could possibly make this a Preference (does Switch represent Armed or Motion state) if there is enough demand.

Recently I am getting Blink pin codes emailed to verify device login for device "null" after polling. If I verify the pin in the parent device and save it just triggers a new email with a pin. All camera's are working fine otherwise (status ok and authorization ok). Any ideas?

It appears to be a change Blink did with the API. I have not figured out a way (yet) to stop it. It will continue with the email or texts if you use the phone number.

It does not seem to impact the functions.

I think you have said this many times in the thread.... :slight_smile:

Ignore the emails people.... Unless you see your cameras starting to drop off then worry about it until then hit delete, pretty simple.

1 Like

Well this morning the system would not disarm! My RM rule would not turn off the monitor or disarm the system. Also it would not turnoff at the device level. The HE Blink parent showed it was not authorized and I had received a new authorization code on my phone. I re-authorized and all is OK. I think my last authorization was about 5 days ago. I am on the latest version of the drivers. I am receiving the authorization code everyday and ignoring it! I will remember this date and monitor to see if there is a 'time-out' for ignoring the authorization request. If Blink accepts the PIN to verify the connection why doesn't it save it?

Might have to go back to IFTTT, heaven forbid!

Right now the driver reauthorizes every 12 hours automatically to keep the auth token valid. I have a version I am testing on mine to see how long I can stretch that to (it USED to be around 18 hours but they appear to have changed that). Making people manually reauthorize it every 5 days (if that proves to be the case) is going to be a killer.

However, their app is not requiring that... So...

So does Blink have to recognize and register the device type? ie IFTTT does not have this problem so do you as a provider have to be registered at Blink HQ for them to allow the service to be accepted, otherwise they just keep hitting your device with authorize requests and sending the PIN codes. I assume that registration process costs money? What will happen if I email Blink and request them to stop sending these PIN codes after all I have verified my device with them :slight_smile:

Blink does not make their API public nor do they discuss it with independent developers. I ASSUME if somebody offered enough they would be willing to work with them. I would NEVER be able to do that...

I am going to email them and complain just to see what they say.