Programming Tips / Functionality: EcoLink ZWave Firefighter Sensor

Hi,

Instead of going through a bunch of trial and error on my own, I was hoping to get some basic advice in regards to this sensor.

Can anyone share some basic tips, programming, things to be aware of when this gets triggered? Is there a certain wait period I should be aware of when this goes off to avoid any false positives? Is there anything special I need to do to test this sensor is working properly?

Looking to accomplish the basics - get notified when my smoke / CO detectors go off - and wanting to know the best way to test the integration.

Appreciate the insight / advice in advance.

This can be setup in HSM pretty easily to do alerts if it goes off:

Also if you integrate it to Apple HomeKit, the home app will notify you automatically if it goes off.

To test it, run the test on your smoke alarm for a few seconds and the firefighter should pick it up and alert the hub. If your smoke alarms are very old and do not make the current standard noise pattern it will not pick them up. I found this was the case on mine, which I already knew were old and intended to replace. Once I got new ones it worked great.

1 Like

Oh this is most excellent, I didn't think to look there. Thanks @jtp10181 and for the additional info as well!

1 Like

Please also note the 1st message in this thread If you use the Ecolink Firefighter sensor, PSA inside, Important

1 Like

How do I turn off this alarm when this phone alert triggers?

You can go into the HSM app and dismiss the alerts or what I find easier is to just have an HSM tile on a dashboard, when you click it there is an option cancel alerts.

I actually think it is a good design that you need to manually stop the alerts, for something serious you do not want it to just go off two times and miss something critical. With all the alerts we get on emails, phones, etc.... its easy to miss something.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!