Programmatically Apply Sync Command on Zigbee Device

Is there a way to invoke the sync command on a zigbee device? I can access the button on the device screen but I do not see it in Rule Machine.

The purpose for this is to 'reset' some certain Bosch motion sensors that are connected via a ST hub and the HubConnect app. Refresh has no effect but when I press the Sync button in the device screen UI everything is peachy again.

Thanks.

At a loss here as Hubitats Bosch motion driver does not have a sync button...

@mike.maxwell
The ‘sync’ probably comes from the hubconnect driver.

@david4
You should look at a ‘custom command’ in RM
You should be able to create it and schedule it in RM.

Andy

4 Likes

Mike, I understand and Andy is correct. I am currently using the HubConnect driver.

However, is the standard Bosch motion driver designed to handle the Bosch model #RFPR-ZB-MS motion sensor?

This device was sold by Lowe’s and I picked them up from eBay. I have a fair number of them and never moved them over from ST because I saw where people were having trouble with Bosch motions on HE. If your driver does work with this spec device do you also know of any problems?

Thanks.

don't know honestly, I don't have one, so someones going to have to give it a shot and advise.

Yep.. 'sync' is a HubConnect button/command.

It's there to refresh the Attributes on the 'receiving end' to match the real driver. As far as I know, it does nothing to the real device. It's functionality is "internal to HubConnect."

Thanks @cobra. 'Custom Command' is now obsolete but I applied a 'Custom Action' in RM and it seems to be working as expected. Thanks again mate.

1 Like