Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021 [NOMINATIONS]

My personal favorite battery powered motion sensor, the Samsung ZigBee V2 motion sensor. Now sold by Aeotec. I personally have about 12 of them. With the magnet it opens up a ton of possibilities.

6 Likes

V3's are very reliable. They also include humidity. I've had a couple for about a year and they've been rock solid.

2 Likes

Yeah, I love those too, just not happy with Aeotecs price increases!

S

3 Likes

I was resorting to stalking ebay to find them. At least there is a stable supply now.

1 Like

They actually made both ST sensors and Iris Sensors. I keep all my boxes (It's an OCD thing) They were definitely made by Centralite.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for showing that, I was not aware.

I wish Centralite had gone w/the Iris V2 form factor if they are going to keep making the sensors...I'll have to give them a call and tell them what to do. :wink:

3 Likes

I'll put in a vote in for the Zooz Zen32 Scene Controller

This is one device that I just can't live without anymore, beats multi tap scene controllers all day long, now if they could get a wireless one out so I can just stick them anywhere I need one and replace my Hue remote switches (not that I don't like them) :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I concur! It's a wired Pico! I have 4.

I change the LEDs off/on based on light that button is controlling and it is a little chatty to accomplish that.

Don't forget to hit the like button above, the top 10 list is driven by how many likes a product receives :wink:

I think we should ALL contact them and ask them to bring back the old V2s and Possibly the similar V3s with humidity.

2 Likes

But where can you buy them, and for a decent price?

1 Like

I would say the Samsung ZigBee devices have been rock solid and made life so much easier, they are now branded by Aeotec but here is my list:

2 Likes

Ditto.

1 Like

Centralite was the original OEM for the SmartThings early devices (circa 2014), as well as the Lowes Iris v2 outlet, motion, contact, and leak sensors.

Those are all still some of the best, most reliable Zigbee devices that I have ever used. I have a house full of Centralite devices.

6 Likes

Dome water leak sensor. So aside from being good overall and having one under each sink and a few other key places, I use one in my water softener because of the extension on it. Put the extension lead on top of the salt and when it hits the brine it sends me notifications to fill the salt. Fill salt, put sensor back on top of salt... repeat...

3 Likes

I'll tentatively offer up Maler API.... Admittedly it is not a headline app / device on the Hubitat web site... but amongst friends.... The ability to use Maker API to both feed in and out information is a major part of my setup. I feed temperature, humidity, battery and HE hub information out to InfluxDB for charting in Grafana. Equally, feeding temperature information for each of my rpi's, virtual motion for my laptop, battery readings for my keyboard, mouse, phone and tablet.... all these play a part in my setup, including in my HE automations.

2 Likes

I updated the first post to list the nominations that received most likes, thus far. Awesome feedback, everyone, on the top 10 most popular devices elevated by Hubitat in 2021. Thank you all for chiming in!

3 Likes

I've been looking for these for ages. Any ideas on a source?

Thank you everyone who provided feedback. The "Product of the Year elevated by Hubitat in 2021" is now open. Please be sure to vote for your favorite device:

1 Like