Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021 [NOMINATIONS]

zen 16 is also independent on each output

Sort of, but not to the extent that's possible with the Z17. That is really THE main difference between the two units... With the Z17, you can marry up the switches and relays (like the Z16) or you can totally separate them to do completely unrelated things.

How I set up my GDO (2 dumb wired reed sensors set up as contact sensors for door position) was not possible with the Z16, but it works great with the Z17.

The Zen17 gets my vote as a great new 2021 product - it's a slick evolution of the Z16!

1 Like

#ThisIsTheWay

Best part? No batteries and those reed sensors are dirt cheap. ZEN17 for the win!

2 Likes

I believe the iris V2's were made by Centralite. The current version 3 can be found at the link below (Note the similar model number, Iris V2 was 3326, this one is 3328). Not sure how reliable they are. I do see that they run on CR 2450's (Not a fan of that battery in other sensors compared what was in the V2's)

Correction, they also run on CR2's. I was looking at the micro version and got confused...... LOL

Thanks, those look more like the SmertThings sensors than the Iris. I thought Centralite made the SmarThings sensors, rather than the Iris sensors. If you look at the Centralite leak sensor on Amazon it looks like the SmartThings leak sensor, and the Centralite motion sensor looks like the old SmartThings motion sensor.

The Iris motion sensors don't look at all like Centralite.

Iris V2 motion sensor

Screenshot_20211217-223812_Chrome Beta

Iris V3 motion sensor

My personal favorite battery powered motion sensor, the Samsung ZigBee V2 motion sensor. Now sold by Aeotec. I personally have about 12 of them. With the magnet it opens up a ton of possibilities.

6 Likes

V3's are very reliable. They also include humidity. I've had a couple for about a year and they've been rock solid.

2 Likes

Yeah, I love those too, just not happy with Aeotecs price increases!

S

3 Likes

I was resorting to stalking ebay to find them. At least there is a stable supply now.

1 Like

They actually made both ST sensors and Iris Sensors. I keep all my boxes (It's an OCD thing) They were definitely made by Centralite.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for showing that, I was not aware.

I wish Centralite had gone w/the Iris V2 form factor if they are going to keep making the sensors...I'll have to give them a call and tell them what to do. :wink:

3 Likes

I'll put in a vote in for the Zooz Zen32 Scene Controller

This is one device that I just can't live without anymore, beats multi tap scene controllers all day long, now if they could get a wireless one out so I can just stick them anywhere I need one and replace my Hue remote switches (not that I don't like them) :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I concur! It's a wired Pico! I have 4.

I change the LEDs off/on based on light that button is controlling and it is a little chatty to accomplish that.

Don't forget to hit the like button above, the top 10 list is driven by how many likes a product receives :wink:

I think we should ALL contact them and ask them to bring back the old V2s and Possibly the similar V3s with humidity.

2 Likes

But where can you buy them, and for a decent price?

1 Like

I would say the Samsung ZigBee devices have been rock solid and made life so much easier, they are now branded by Aeotec but here is my list:

2 Likes

Ditto.

1 Like

Centralite was the original OEM for the SmartThings early devices (circa 2014), as well as the Lowes Iris v2 outlet, motion, contact, and leak sensors.

Those are all still some of the best, most reliable Zigbee devices that I have ever used. I have a house full of Centralite devices.

6 Likes

Dome water leak sensor. So aside from being good overall and having one under each sink and a few other key places, I use one in my water softener because of the extension on it. Put the extension lead on top of the salt and when it hits the brine it sends me notifications to fill the salt. Fill salt, put sensor back on top of salt... repeat...

3 Likes