Problems with new C7 hub ethernet connection

I must say, I think I might have found the Hubitat system a bit overwhelming had I not cut my smart-home teeth on SmartThings first...

1 Like

Hoping someone can help. I'm getting no response from Hubitat. I've written at least a half dozen times. My New C7 hub will not discover or setup. I've switched ports from a network switch to the back of the router. Still can't locate find. Tried different Computers...no luck. Tried using the MAC Address for the hub....Still nothing. Tried the IP address.....nothing. I've let it sit over night a few times thinking it needed time. Apparently 12 hours isn't enough. I've set up two C5 hubs before with no problems. One at this location and another at a second place. Never had this problem. I've even tried disconnecting the local hubitat to see if that would work....Nope.

Hubitat support is pretty useless. I've contacted them in the past several times with questions unrelated to the C7 and they answered in a day or two. But anything related to the C7 I get nothing. I even had the place I purchased it from trying to get some help from Hubitat. They aren't having any luck either. I have a feeling they have more problems with this new hub than they're letting on. Or maybe it's just a batch of them? Either way their support on this matter is horrible. I've been trying to setup for over a month now.

I'm hoping someone out there can help where Hubitat support is not.

Tagging @bobbyD.

Few questions:

1. Does the C-7 power up?
  2. What is the color of the LED?
  3. Is your router assigning it an IP address, and can you ping that IP address?
  4. Can you find it via the Hubitat Portal?
  5. If you cannot find it from the Portal, what browser are you using?
  6. Can you reach it at "http://ip.ad.re.ss:8081" (i.e. port 8081 at the C-7s IP address)?
1 Like

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. I am showing that on ticket 18565 you have said that you changed your mind and didn't send the hub back to our partner because you found "a work around." Was that ticket not related to your C7 hub? I see that on ticket 18828 you have asked to send it back, again. It isn't clear from your emails if your hub's LED color is still blue. If that's the case, please reply to any of your tickets (or create a new one) so we can explore replacement options.

1 Like

Actually I thought he was taking it back. He reached out also, but I still can't get it to discover. It just searches and searches with no results

1. Does the C-7 power up? Yes
  2. What is the color of the LED? Blue
  3. Is your router assigning it an IP address, and can you ping that IP address? Yes
  4. Can you find it via the Hubitat Portal? No
  5. If you cannot find it from the Portal, what browser are you using? Chrome, Firefox, Edge
  6. Can you reach it at "http://ip.ad.re.ss:8081" (i.e. port 8081 at the C-7s IP address)? Yes. I can Reboot, Shutdown, Tried resetting also.

It Just located the hub. But it is unable to connect in either browser.

Even turning Firewall Off don't help.

Blue light means the hub's platform isn't running. Please check your PM.

1 Like

It is Blue. PM?

Private message (see upper right hand corner for a notification from me).

1 Like

What is the PM?

Bobby

Don't ship yet. Don't know why it happened. Didn't really do anything different. But for some inexplicable reason, It's setting up. I left it for a while and I'm going through the setup process. I'll keep you posted. Hope it works.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update. I canceled your replacement order. Please keep us posted.

1 Like

I can't seem to get the Dashboard to setup on the C7

It is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. If you could please go to Settings, then click "Shutdown Hub"; once the LED light turns red, unplug the hub for 30 seconds then power it back. If the problem persists after power cycling the hub, you may need to remove the main Dashboard and reinstall it again, using the button "Add Built-in Apps" button on the upper right corner on the "Apps" page.

Sent a support request on Wednesday with the same issue. Very good chance it's user error, but just in case it's the hardware, I'd rather not waste my weekend trying to raise this c7 from the dead. Help! Thanks.

If you have the same issue, have you been through the suggestions in this thread?

What firmware do you have?

yes. i'm pretty sure I took all of the steps suggested and looked at other threads and on google and in the documentation. i just can't get past the blue light. the portal can find it via the MAC and the IP, but I can't get past that.

1 Like

Hi there, welcome! Please check your email if you have further questions, feel free to email back or send me a private message here, whichever is more convenient.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.