Problem with Sonos and & in message

OK, so on the original rule, delete that action, and re-create it. We know that it works, just something off with that particular rule.

And if that doesn't work, delete the rule and recreate the whole thing.

OK, I deleted the existing line from the existing rule & added it back in. That only had notifications on the phone & on the motion switch being used on the dashboard. I then deleted the rule & rebooted the hub. I then put in a basic rule with only the sonos speaker as any notification -

And this is all that showed in the log, on the device the Water Sensor, no rule -

Then I added phone notification & the motion switch for the dashboard -

And again nothing through Sonos, got notification on my phone & the motion sensor was red on the dashboard. This is from the log -

OK, please break it into two actions. I will look further into this. It appears to be related to doing both things in a single action.

Update: This works for me in a single action.

I deleted that line & now it is like this, not a sound from the speaker -

This is from the log -

I wonder if it's something about the & in the string to speak. Try changing that to a word.

Is this what you want? -

Settings part 1 -

then part 2 -

then part 3 -

Then I removed the '&' and put 'and', it work WTF??

Yeah, I just discovered the same thing, that the & killed it.

All's well that ends well. One of these days I find out why & is bad, and do something about it.

I've had trouble with it in the plumbing software we use as well, took a bit to help diagnose that as well. Thanks

I just tested directly in the Sonos device, and it doesn't like it there. Has nothing to do with RM.

Funny I always use &, I would have thought I would have used it before in a Sonos notification in a rule, I guess not.

The & symbol is not treated as a shortcut for and if that is what you expected.
This isnt a sonos issue, our tts service aws poly doesnt like it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.