Problem pairing Ultrapro Switch 39348

Same - click the "Include w/out security" button when the security dialog appears. You really only need/want that for door locks and garage door openers. S2 adds some additional overhead on the hub you don't want for devices like light switches, plugs, etc.

2022-12-12 17_11_21-AbraIT ‎- OneNote for Windows 10

1 Like

Sorry to resurect a thread.
I am having issues with this very model of switch.
Ultrapro Switch 39348

Either it does not show up during inclusion, or it shows, and I select without security, and it shows complete and goes to:
The device is completing bootstrapping and no further action is needed. It will show up below once bootstrapping has completed.
I have left it there for 10 min with no change.
It does show in the Z-wave details as still Pending.
Once its stuck in this state, trying to run exclusions has no affect. I have to remove ti from theZ-wave Details page.
I have even moved my Hubitat near the device just to try to get it to fully connect to no avail.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

EDIT: As it always happens shortly after posting a tech issue, I run into a resolution.
Using the Hubitat app and using the ZWave smart start and scanning the bar code resolved the issue in a matter of seconds.

1 Like

Thanks for coming back to post your solution. I haven't run into a situation like that w/any of my Z-Wave devices (and I have a lot of Jasco switches) so not sure why that was happening or what other interventions would have helped.

Just curious, did you ever try doing a full reset of the switch?

1 Like

Yeah, multiple tries of fully resetting the switch. Additional fact, this was a 2 pack box, and both I had the same issue. QR code scan for the win though.

1 Like