Problem Devices

As I’ve started my migration over the last couple of days I must say that I am impressed. However, as expected I’ve ran into a couple snags later in the process with a couple of my devices. I’ve tried poking around but I can’t really find anything pertaining to my issues.

1. Smartthings multi sensors. I have several and one of them works perfect. The other two instantly report axis tilt acceleration active and temperature But not contact info? Ones stuck open and the other is stuck closed. I tried changing handlers through all the different versions with no apparent change.

2. Maybe not as much a problem but a feature request unless I’m missing something. In smartthings if I armed the alarm and a contact was left open it warned me but then at least armed security for the rest. Hubitat it warns me and rejects arming at all. Seems silly to me to not at least receive functionality from the actually armable doors. Cause I often leave and forget to close my shed.

3. Aeon HEM version 1. If I run the stock handler I don’t see watts at all. If I run the popular JSCGS350 version 1 device handler that I used to run on smartthings. I can see watts but only if I poll or refresh the device. It will not update on its own. I matter what preferences I have put in and then configured.

As far as problem #1 goes, it was recommended to me to try to get within a few feet with the multipurpose sensor and then do a discover. I was having the exact same problem as you. I reset the sensor, then got within a foot of the Hubitat and did a discovery. All started working perfectly with the default driver. Haven't had a problem since.

I installed HE Friday and just finished migrating about 60 devices from SmartThings a few hours ago. A few minutes ago I disconnected my ST v2 hub and put it away. I have two of the SmartSense Multi Sensors v4 and they report accurately. I just received the latest SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor and will be connecting it tomorrow. My Linear WD500Z dimmers are not working very well in my Control Panel though. I think I’m going to have to replace all 13 with newer Zwave plus devices.

1 Like

Lame. Why so close? I have them Double stickied up. Crazy part is the two farthest from the hub are solid. The other two are closest and are the isssued sensors.

I had to bring my Aeon HEM version 1 very close to the hub to pair it. Then I had to change the driver and hit configure. After that it worked good when I moved it to the garage..

The only device that I had to move the hub closer to was my Kwikset lock. One of the contact sensors was about 50 feet away and paired up instantly. So many variables when pairing.

1 Like

I had similar problems with my smartthings motion sensors. I actually tossed one that got stuck as inactive because I was tired of playing with it and couldn't be sure it didn't just go dead. Then it happened to others and I got them working again - now they appear solid. I wish I had a definitive answer for you on how I got them working. But I would start with a brand new battery - I think that was the biggest help. Then repairing it (you don't have to delete the device, just reset it and rediscover), and trying the refresh and configure buttons on the web interface. Some combination of those things worked for me.

1 Like

Weird. I just deleted them and repaired and now they show contact again.... so who knows.

1 Like

I had to bring it like within a foot to pair. But then moved it outside. What handler are you using. Mine wouldn’t show watts with the default and in the custom one it would but only if I refreshed. With the handler I used in smartthings I was able to change when and how it reported. I have two set up very different desired behaviors

Using this one.. 'Aeon HEM V1 Laundry DTH' is NOW working on Hubitat

I will need at least one to behave as an accurate whole house monitor so I’d definitely want a more standard installation vs the washer dryer version. But maybe I can play with that and see if i can make it work.

I believe there is an OTA that your could do for those. Keep in mind you need software to conduct this. Do a search for OTA and you should see the thread surrounding this.

1 Like

Yeah with the standard driver I think mine reported watts no problem.

Could you change reporting intervals and thresholds?

Now if I change the device handler back to the stock device handler I can see power. But only if I hit configure... it won’t update on its own.

So just an update. I think I had a weak pair on the HEM so I deleted and repaired. This time I was easily able to find it from its Installation location. But the main issue was this function or preference isn’t working right in my configuration options. If I set it to report on time interval it works great but if I set it to report type based on watt change it doesn’t get it. The other preferences seem to work great like changing decimal points etc. however the reporting type can’t be changed to the power change... hopefully someone smarter than me can look at why that might be happening. For now I have a working meter based upon times reports but I’d really like to not clutter the log for this particular device....

This is the driver I based my port on. All I did was replace the physicalgraph instances with hubitat and deleted the tiles and simulator section. Hopefully one of you smarty pants can see what that one configuration option isn’t getting sent right.

1 Like