Private Boolean Retrigger Rule

I'm trying to get this test rule to retrigger. I expect the Private Boolean turning true would trigger another instance of this rule but it isn't happening.

2 Likes

It's interesting that the capitalization is different for true between the trigger and the actions. Wonder if that's making a difference.

So, even toggling the private boolean within the rule doesn't trigger it. But, changing the private boolean from a different rule works.

Interesting observation. The reported value (true) is the same as the trigger though.
I changed the PB within the rule but it doesn't trigger. I assume that's because I'm on the page where you edit the actions, conditions, and variables. I can Run Actions there and it does run. But yes, changing PB from another rule (aPB2) works.

Private Boolean as a trigger has to do with other rules setting PB, not self set by the rule. Private Boolean is an internal value of the rule -- hence "Private". What you're trying to do makes no sense, having a rule trigger itself.

The spelling has nothing to do with it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.