Pressure Mat

device mat
I am moving over from SmartThings. I have a pressure mat under my front door mat. It is wired to a generic contact switch. In SmartThings, I could set it up to turn on the porch light based on if it showed open or closed. Please see attached pictures of my setup. I have tried a number of contact sensors hoping to get one that would work, but so far no luck. Thanks

I have similar setups working with GoControl contact sensors (WADWAZ-1). It'll probably work with any contact sensor with external terminals, or if you solder leads across the reed switch.

What device code did you use? I have tried generic zwave contact and generic contact... Thanks

Generic z-wave contact sensor. That what it should be detected as when it pairs. In your case it looks like the tamper switch is still open.

I have 5 of these that I use for various purposes. They're z-wave and not z-wave+, but still fast enough for my needs. And very reliable.

Are you saying it looks like my tamper switch is open because the red light is on? I don't remember it always being on in the past, but I can not figure out why all of a sudden the light is on. Thanks

See your last screenshot. “Tamper: detected”

Unrelated to that, most contact sensors (not sure what type yours is, you haven’t said) have a setting to choose whether the magnet-sensing reed switch (see your third photo) or external contacts (the pressure mat you are using) are sensed. You may not have that parameter set correctly- the default is usually to use the reed switch.

If you knew the manufacturer, you could look up the parameter settings here:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/

Once you know the parameter and the desired setting, you could use this to set it: