Presence stopped working

iPhone 14 Pro Max, Beta 17.6
Suddenly my presence stopped working, the only thing different is the newly installed iOS beta.
I am getting notifications ok and the new Hubitat app shows location and says 'inside of geofence'..
Any idea or anyone else having this problem?
Thanks
Jim

What mobile app version are you using? If you have switched to the new app, did you delete the old one?

@jtp10181 Is having both new and old iOS apps an issue? I have not seen that as far as presence detection in my instance, but could be worth trying, especially for troubleshooting....

If you have them both attached to the same "virtual device" on the hub, they will conflict with each other, only one app will actually stay attached to the device on the hub.

If you really wanted to use both, you should attach to them to separate devices to avoid any issues.

1 Like

@jtp10181 Thanks, I will disable the "Enable GeoFence" setting in the old Hubitat iOS app and set the iOS Location setting to 'Never' and rely on the presence detection from the new iOS app.

Not ready to cut tries with the old iOS Hubitat app.

You may also want to "Switch Hubs" on the new app and re-select your hub and device to be sure they are connected properly. I think that will keep it working as long as you do not reconnect the old app. Not sure if notifications will go to both apps or only the last one connected.

1 Like

I have latest version and I did delete original.
It was working with this configuration. Must be the latest beta broke it.
I’ll keep trying,
Thanks.

Two things you can try, Tap your hub name then switch hubs and re-select your hub.
If that does not work, delete the mobile app and reinstall it.

If still not working, possibly some sort of issue with the iOS beta it sounds like you are running.

I know you had it working and you will get it working again.

But this app just works. Fully under your own control via makerAPI and doesn’t even show up under the battery details in iOS.

Thanks for all the good feedback, not the best troubleshooting but I actually did multiples of your suggestions...
It's working again, not sure of the root cause tho. :thinking:

1 Like